SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (11-3, 16-8) @ Weber (11-2, 16-8) 2/18 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

15 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Has anyone other than you said this?  Fantastic strawman argument.

Welcome to earlier today when I said this exact same thing.  You probably missed it during your childish rant about the same thing over and over.

How well did Muss do in the Big Sky? You're so keen on comparing Jones and Muss, especially during Jones' best year where he is on the verge of winning a Big Sky Conference Championship.  Had Muss finished in the top 3 in the BSC in his first two years, he damn right would have earned an extension even if his OOC record was 1-2 or 1-3.  Again, NOBODY EXCEPT FOR YOU is saying anything about more money making a Jones team more successful.

Why shouldn't sports be looked at differently?  If UND looked at basketball the same way they look at hockey then basketball coaches would last maybe three years at UND.  It's a different animal, with different facilities, different level of opponents on a weekly basis and thus different expectations.

Now, allow me to preemptively stop you from going off on a tangent about basketball being so unsuccessful because of low expectations compared to hockey.

So while you and Hoops call me names 2 people liked my comment about more money makes a Jones team more successful. I guess they are childish, unintelligent and irrational people too right? I am still waiting to see the link on how far behind Jones is on coach #350 so we can see if that coach whoever he is is underpaid like Jones as some (not all) people think he is. After all Hoops claims he is the lowest DI coach and that's 350 coaches he is behind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So while you and Hoops call me names 2 people liked my comment about more money makes a Jones team more successful. I guess they are childish, unintelligent and irrational people too right? I am still waiting to see the link on how far behind Jones is on coach #350 so we can see if that coach whoever he is is underpaid like Jones as some (not all) people think he is. After all Hoops claims he is the lowest DI coach and that's 350 coaches he is behind.

Me thinks you put too much weight behind likes and dislikes on here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Me thinks you put too much weight behind likes and dislikes on here.

So Nodak651 and Fightingsioux4life's opinion in liking my comment doesn't matter cause they didn't put it in words. Then this board should get rid of likes and dislikes cause obviously to you it bares no weight. 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So Nodak651 and Fightingsioux4life's opinion in liking my comment doesn't matter cause they didn't put it in words. Then this board should get rid of likes and dislikes cause obviously to you it bares no weight. 

This is going to be your most liked post and I think that's funny. 

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Thanks for the props, but to be honest, I don't give a rat's arse if people like my comments or not. And neither should you.

FWIW, you and I agree about 95% of the time. But even if we didn't, your input on topics wouldn't be more or less relevant than anyone else's.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Thanks for the props, but to be honest, I don't give a rat's arse if people like my comments or not. And neither should you.

FWIW, you and I agree about 95% of the time. But even if we didn't, your input on topics wouldn't be more or less relevant than anyone else's.

I love how this is just a message board, I am giving my opinion and I try to put stats, links and facts to back up my opinion. I don't call names and I don't claim to be an expert. I am just an average joe just like everyone else, and i'm a fan of UND sports. But some people take my opinion way too far around here and likes to demean people's intelligence, state their opinion as fact without stats and links, and think their opinion is law. But whatever. I know who's opinion I care about and whose I don't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jones should of probably been asked to leave in the past, now it's a "what do we do, what do we don't" situation. He's had the rap as a good recruiter but not so as a coach. This season, at least so far, he coached well, although there were some real discipline questions at the start of the season. We probably don't have the $ to go and find someone that we would like??????  

I might have to eat some crow. Transitioning to Div I is a challenge, Jones did that. Now it seems like he has control of the players. Still have a few games left, we'll see how things finish. With a good finish, can't see him not given an extension.

• Upvote 4