SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ WMU - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

People...Western is for real.  We didn't get beat by La Cordon Bleu or the Little Sisters of the Poor.  They've beaten DU, UMD, and UND this season.  Andy Murray is an excellent coach, and he plays the game old school.  Last night was a very good, playoff style hockey game.  Not too different than our Frozen Four win over DU last year.  A late goal off a great effort and an empty netter.  

WMU reminds me of some of the UND teams from back in the day; smashmouth and sizzle.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

People...Western is for real.  We didn't get beat by La Cordon Bleu or the Little Sisters of the Poor.  They've beaten DU, UMD, and UND this season.  Andy Murray is an excellent coach, and he plays the game old school.  Last night was a very good, playoff style hockey game.  Not too different than our Frozen Four win over DU last year.  A late goal off a great effort and an empty netter.  

WMU reminds me of some of the UND teams from back in the day; smashmouth and sizzle.

You hit it right on the head Yzerman they are really good. Their captain came in clutch with that goal and I believe he blocked 2 shots that were grade A chances for us in the final minutes that sealed the game.

Just now, Randy Lahey said:

You hit it right on the head Yzerman they are really good. Their captain came in clutch with that goal and I believe he blocked 2 shots that were grade A chances for us in the final minutes that sealed the game.

Thanks Randy, let me get some mix and some ice, and we can have Sunnyvale all to ourselves

-Julien

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

So how do the Sioux beat BC and Union with out Boeser and Jost and have an awesome weekend at Omaha and then go on to play how they've been playing? That's the frustrating part. We've seen how good these guys can be when they're on so what gives now, seems like half this team is sick now, maybe they all have mono.  So frustrating to watch , I can't remember the last time this team had more losses than wins at this time of the season.

Well, WMU might not be a "name" school but they are a better team than BC, UNION, and UNO this year. This isn't a year where if UND plays their A game they are going to win 95% of the time.

54 minutes ago, Fetch said:

If they beat us convincingly again I may just root for them the rest of the season - I have always liked the passion of their coach - Cool to see them being so competitive 

Can't root for them.  Too much clutch and grab.

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Can't root for them.  Too much clutch and grab.

I have never noticed before our teams doing that also - but last night was a grabfest on both sides - I bet tonight the whistles come out

40 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I have never noticed before our teams doing that also - but last night was a grabfest on both sides - I bet tonight the whistles come out

Western likes to be real tough after the whistle blows as well.  Hope everybody wished Andy Murray a happy birthday yesterday, he just turned 166 years old!!

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2017 at 7:37 PM, Blackheart said:

Hope everybody wished Andy Murray a happy birthday yesterday, he just turned 166 years old!!

lol seriously.  Last year took a pretty big toll on him. Many of our fans wanted him fired and you could tell it weighed on him a bit.