SiouxSports.com Forum

@UNDSID -- What happened to it?

The Sicatoka

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Now that it's @JasonHajdu, it seems obvious to me that it's a personal account.  When it was @UNDSID, whether the account was personally his or not, the perception was he was representing UND in a professional capacity.  While representing UND, he should not be political.  If he wants to post that stuff in his own name, I'm ok with it (still reflects poorly on UND to some extent with his bio ID'ing UND though).

100% agree with all of that. My guess, he realized that his affiliation with UND should be separate, and he made the switch.

Seems like an inherently simple answer that did not need a thread that spent two pages ripping on the guy, childishly.

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I do not follow @UNDSID to hear about the blue jays or ketchup potato chips.

Then unfollow him! See what I'm saying lol?

Seems like he made the switch to make it clear the account is his personal Twitter.

Dude spends overwhelmingly more time tweeting on UND sports than anything else, so you are getting plenty of that.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Then unfollow him! See what I'm saying lol?

Seems like he made the switch to make it clear the account is his personal Twitter.

Dude spends overwhelmingly more time tweeting on UND sports than anything else, so you are getting plenty of that.

Haha okay guy. You are missing the entire point. For quite a long time I would notice a lot of tweets that have nothing to do with UND. If his handle would not have said UNDSID it would not be an issue and I probably would not have followed him. He made the switch after a long time so that point doesn't apply. I thought it was annoying and I have every right to think that when every other university Sids have university related handles and don't do that crap. It was misleading to say the least and that point is undeniable.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDColorado said:

Haha okay guy. You are missing the entire point. For quite a long time I would notice a lot of tweets that have nothing to do with UND. If his handle would not have said UNDSID it would not be an issue and I probably would not have followed him. He made the switch after a long time so that point doesn't apply. I thought it was annoying and I have every right to think that when every other university Sids have university related handles and don't do that crap. It was misleading to say the least and that point is undeniable.

Fair enough. What point am I missing? I just said that if it's an official account, it probably should have that kind of stuff being said. He made the switch, so why is it a problem?

The point of the thread, however, was to figure out why this happened and I think that's incredibly silly. 

I wrote this back in June, so I'm gonna take credit. ;)

On 6/21/2016 at 1:48 PM, UNDBIZ said:

My main complaint with Hajdu, and it's not a huge complaint, is I wish he had a UND SID twitter account and a private twitter account.  When, as the head SID, he tweets more often about the CFL and the Toronto Blue Jays than he does about UND sports sans hockey, it annoys me and creates a perception that he doesn't care about other UND sports.  Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive on this.  

As for the problem of every sport other than men's hockey not getting the attention they should, it seems to be an overall athletic department issue rather than just an SID issue.

• Upvote 4

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

I wrote this back in June, so I'm gonna take credit. ;)

You're spot on, Biz. My guess is that's exactly why he made the change. 

We'll never know until we ask him. In the meantime, we (as a collective of SiouxSports) could have avoided insulting the guy, right?

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Fair enough. What point am I missing? I just said that if it's an official account, it probably should have that kind of stuff being said. He made the switch, so why is it a problem?

The point of the thread, however, was to figure out why this happened and I think that's incredibly silly. 

It is not an issue now that he changed his handle. The point was the old name of his handle indicated that it was an official account and it turns out that is wasn't. If I had known that I would have probably unfollowed him.  

Just now, UNDColorado said:

It is not an issue now that he changed his handle. The point was the old name of his handle indicated that it was an official account and it turns out that is wasn't. If I had known that I would have probably unfollowed him.  

Gotcha. Sorry, man. Thought you were talking about the overarching reasoning for the thread. Never meant it as a personal attack at you.

Again, I just think it's dumb we are attacking a guy for this. 

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Gotcha. Sorry, man. Thought you were talking about the overarching reasoning for the thread. Never meant it as a personal attack at you.

Again, I just think it's dumb we are attacking a guy for this. 

No biggy, this thread is sorta dumb but I did learn today that his handle was not official and it makes a lot more sense now lol.

• Upvote 1

I am out of the loop - thank God for that. I am curious though about why so many here seem to dislike our SID? Does anybody know him personally or do people not like the job he does? Honest question - no dog in the hunt.

Just looked up Jayson's job title:  Asst. A.D. (MHKY, XC, T&F) - So he isn't our SID?

11 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am out of the loop - thank God for that. I am curious though about why so many here seem to dislike our SID? Does anybody know him personally or do people not like the job he does? Honest question - no dog in the hunt.

Just looked up Jayson's job title:  Asst. A.D. (MHKY, XC, T&F) - So he isn't our SID?

I believe SID is a part of his Asst A.D. role, in his situation. Seems like many don't agree with his political affiliations and his enjoyment of ketchup potato chips lol.