SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

10 hours ago, southpaw said:

Why would you call out a player directly to them on Twitter?  I'm sure you would love it if anonymous people could make comments about your job performance on Twitter. 

I didn't directly tweet him, it was in a conversation about his ineptitude and untimely turnovers. I didn't even use his twitter handle.     If you can only take the good, then as a soon to be professional player in the minors, he probably shouldn't be reading twitter. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

I didn't directly tweet him, it was in a conversation about his ineptitude and untimely turnovers. I didn't even use his twitter handle.     If you can only take the good, then as a soon to be professional player in the minors, he probably shouldn't be reading twitter. 

So, when you play professionally, you're not allowed to have feelings. Good to know. LOL

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

The truth is, a lot of collegiate and professional athletes would be best served not getting into pi$$ing matches with fans on social media. Let your play on the ice do the talking.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think the point is if you go around searching for trouble, you're going to find it. In this case, criticism. 

2 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

No, I think the point is that an adult got butthurt because a college kid blocked him.

^^^ Precisely. 

3 hours ago, ubish said:

I think this is the year we finally beat you guys in Kalamazoo.  But.... i'm usually wrong.  Either way it'll be a good series. Please don't drink all of our beer when you're here. 

I plan on making a small dent in the Zoo beer supply over the weekend.  Any places you would recommend?  We plan on hitting up the Bell's tour on Saturday and the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange for a bit too.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

AHHHHHH WHY CAN'T IT BE FRIDAY???

This weekend feels like a big one. I think the idea of getting Jost back and with the team having been in a scoring slump gives me the premonition that we are going to break out.

I hope you are right. I haven't felt good about the last few series but I am feeling optimistic about this weekend. 

Just having Jost in gives me a boost, so it certainly is having a good effect on the boys.  This is essentially playoff hockey now down the stretch- fighting for position.  You want the best seed you can get in Fargo, not to mention home ice for the first round of NCHC...although maybe we don't want that???  $$$ vs : )

38 minutes ago, Randy Lahey said:

With Jost back anyone have any thoughts on line combos? Huge to get him back

He was with Gersich and Pogo when he went down. That was back when we were scoring goals, so I wouldn't mind sticking with that.

Does Bubbs bring Smith or Gornall up into the Top 6 again this weekend with Jost?

Personally, I'd like to give the Boeser, Jost, Gersich line another shot. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He was with Gersich and Pogo when he went down. That was back when we were scoring goals, so I wouldn't mind sticking with that.

Does Bubbs bring Smith or Gornall up into the Top 6 again this weekend with Jost?

Personally, I'd like to give the Boeser, Jost, Gersich line another shot. 

I personally want to take the pressure off of Gardner and Pogo to score.  I think they would do well to just focus on hard-nosed hockey in a third line assignment.  I want to break up lines- even one's that have been working...I hypothesize that some of the success of the Bowen line has been the match-ups they've been given. 

Just now, yzerman19 said:

I personally want to take the pressure off of Gardner and Pogo to score.  I think they would do well to just focus on hard-nosed hockey in a third line assignment.  I want to break up lines- even one's that have been working...I hypothesize that some of the success of the Bowen line has been the match-ups they've been given. 

Good points on all. I just think putting Jost and Boeser back together could spark Brock. I also definitely see that having these two and Gersh together creates a lack of depth, for sure. That being said, I still say we give it a shot.

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

• Upvote 2