SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

59 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

This series scares me.  Kalamazoo is a tough environment.  Even last year's team struggled there, but won thanks to Boeser.  WMU is a better team this year than last and UND is not.

However, I don't believe we had either Schmaltz or Caggiula for that series... and they didn't have Jost :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Unfortunately this year we don't have last year's defense. 

Yeah, guess my point was that it wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

Last year we won because of Boeser who is still on the team(allegedly) and Gersich who is a stud this year.

If I remember right, Cam played a heck of a series too. We'll need all of them with some Jost mixed in!

16 minutes ago, southpaw said:

The 5th best team in the conference and two spots behind the team UND is playing?

And IF we sweep this weekend most likely the 6th best team in the country according to the rankings that set the national tournament.  

In this case stats can be used to prove whatever point you want. Win this weekend and we are in the drivers seat. Split and we have to maintain status quo at a minimum. Get swept and we place ourselves firmly on the bubble.  Incredibly important series this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TNF said:

And IF we sweep this weekend most likely the 6th best team in the country according to the rankings that set the national tournament.  

In this case stats can be used to prove whatever point you want. Win this weekend and we are in the drivers seat. Split and we have to maintain status quo at a minimum. Get swept and we place ourselves firmly on the bubble.  Incredibly important series this weekend. 

UND is only sixth if no other games are played over the next week.

The only chance Air Force has of making it as an at-large is if they win out and certain teams do as well.  It's not just about the games your team plays.

6 minutes ago, southpaw said:

UND is only sixth if no other games are played over the next week.

The only chance Air Force has of making it as an at-large is if they win out and certain teams do as well.  It's not just about the games your team plays.

Incorrect, UND is 6th in 46.8% of scenarios if they sweep, 7th in 32.7%, and 5th in 15.1%

http://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrchart/north-dakota/oneweek/

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

If we're healthy we're sweeping.  Book it.

I agree.  I feel like this is the week we find the right balance between playing a grind it out road game like Union with a little offensive flare throughout the line up.  And maybe the puck luck gods slant the ice in our favor for once this year.  

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Rhymes with "Schwolanin?"

Hope your not on twitter, he will block you for mentioning his ineptitude.  Of course, I know you are referring to Casey Chartrand, right? This player you reference has been such a turn over at the worst possible time type of player. 

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why would you call out a player directly to them on Twitter?  I'm sure you would love it if anonymous people could make comments about your job performance on Twitter. 

The players search themselves on Twitter. Most of the time it's live tweeting and reaction during a game and it's not even going directly to the player. They seek it out. 

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

Hope your not on twitter, he will block you for mentioning his ineptitude.  Of course, I know you are referring to Casey Chartrand, right? This player you reference has been such a turn over at the worst possible time type of player. 

Those million dollar professional athletes should be able to handle your anonymous criticism! 

Why wouldn't they block you?

13 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

If they seek the critics out why would they have to block them then? 

I don't know why they do it. Wolanin is the only one I know that has blocked anyone. One of my friends told me this over the weekend and she couldn't even recall anything she had said that was that bad enough to get blocked. 

I HATE the when people are directly tweeting to players negative things. I hate when opposing fans do it to our players and when our fans do it to opposing team's players and then have them justify why it's okay. 

• Upvote 1