SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

UND 10th pairwise (15-11-3 // 8-9-1-1 nchc) had a bye this last weekend after splitting with SCSU at home the prior week. UND has 3 nchc series left until post season. atWMU, UNO, atMIAMI. UND is 8-7-2 at home, 6-4-1 on the road, 1-0-0 neutral.  UND STATS

***FIRST MEETING in DECEMBER the teams split in GF, 5-1 fri UND and 3-1 sat WMU

***UND has three point per game guys. Gersich 1.13, Jost 1.09, Boeser 1.00. Jost has missed 7 games and Boeser has missed 6

***UND has three double digit goal scorers. Gersich (18) Boeser (11) Jost (11) next in line are Poganski (8) JJ (7) Tpoolman Gardner Bowen all have 5 goals 

***UND has 3 players who have played all 29 games to this point. Gersich, C.Poolman and Poganski

***UND has 9 players with 10+ points, four with 20+ the top 3 with T Poolman

***UND has three players without a goal to this point in Wilkie, Casey Johnson and Peski. All skaters who have played a game have scored a point as well as Cam Johnson 

***Casey Johnson - 0 penalties in 24gp

***NCHC three teams top 6 pairwise including top 2. Four in top 10, five on top 12 followed by UNO(17) MIAMI(25) CC(34)

***NCHC - all teams have 3 nchc series left except UNO and SCSU who have 2 left

***WMU FLEMING leads nation in penalty minutes 93

WMU - 6th pairwise (16-8-4 // 9-8-1-1 nchc) split at Omaha this last weekend in some crazy games. 7-6 fri win and 6-3 sat loss. 2-1-1 in their last four games including a tie vs ASU. After UND, WMU ends atCC and UMD in Kalamazoo to close out. WMU is 9-2-3 at home, 5-6-1 on the road, 2-0-0 neutral.  WMU STATS

NCAA STATS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCHC STANDINGS

DU 41 (18gp) atMIAMI SCSU atUNO

UMD 40  (18gp) atCC MIAMI atWMU

WMU 29  (18gp) UND atCC UMD

SCSU 28  (20gp) bye atDU CC

UND 26  (18gp) atWMU UNO atMIAMI

MIAMI 26  (18gp) DU atUMD atUND

UNO 21  (20gp) bye atUND DU

CC 11  (18gp) UMD WMU atSCSU

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

So is this the year where we can't afford to !@#$ the bed in the Target Center or would we still be fine and make the tourny.

Win 5 or 6 of the last 6 and I think we would be in regardless. Any less though and we at least need to win the 1st round series.

DISCLAIMER: No math was done to come to this conclusion

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They're the No. 5 team in the PWR. A split would be good things for us.

I would be happy with a split, but after watching them play Omaha there is no reason we can't go in there and sweep them. Our defense isn't great but the lack of defense i watched last weekend was incredible. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I would be happy with a split, but after watching them play Omaha there is no reason we can't go in there and sweep them. Our defense isn't great but the lack of defense i watched last weekend was incredible. 

100% agree. When we play a full 60, we are as good as anyone and can absolutely sweep Western.

• Upvote 1

I'm going with Jim Dahl's math: We need to win at least 3 games and not completely lay an egg in the NCHC playoffs. (I don't believe anything below PWR13 is safe this season.) 

http://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrbywins/

As far as this weekend, a split is the mandatory minimum. 

http://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrchart/north-dakota/oneweek/

• Upvote 1