SiouxSports.com Forum

First conference game in Fargo or Grand Forks?

Siouhawk

Since NDSU got its way with two home games (2015 and 2019) vs UND and none in GF, where will the first Missouri Valley Conference game be played in 2020?  Will the MVC see the injustice and give the game to Grand Forks or will they favor the older member of the conference and play a third straight game in Fargo?    NDSU's insistence that both games under the current deal be played in Fargo may backfire on them when the MV chooses Grand Forks for the first game that really means something..

5 hours ago, Siouhawk said:

Since NDSU got its way with two home games (2015 and 2019) vs UND and none in GF, where will the first Missouri Valley Conference game be played in 2020?  Will the MVC see the injustice and give the game to Grand Forks or will they favor the older member of the conference and play a third straight game in Fargo?    NDSU's insistence that both games under the current deal be played in Fargo may backfire on them when the MV chooses Grand Forks for the first game that really means something..

I've been ribbing some SU fans that we'll see you at the Hawk's Nest in 2020.

They go "How you know that?"

I tell'm "We made this in a mandate (cuz of the 2  OOC games at Fargo Dome, 2015 & 19) in the group of provision we demanded in our joining the MVFC."

Of course this is all foreplay to get them boiling!!!!    I'd say petey23 has it right. But, they might feel sorry for us??

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've been ribbing some SU fans that we'll see you at the Hawk's Nest in 2020.

They go "How you know that?"

I tell'm "We made this in a mandate (cuz of the 2  OOC games at Fargo Dome, 2015 & 19) in the group of provision we demanded in our joining the MVFC."

Of course this is all foreplay to get them boiling!!!!    I'd say petey23 has it right. But, they might feel sorry for us??

Thats funny because everyone knows---when you come begging you arent doing any demanding.:lol:

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, petey23 said:

I am guessing the MVFC will use a factor of zero with regards to UND playing 2 non conference games in Fargo. They will put the game in the location which makes the overall league schedule work.

If they base it on rivalry games UND will be hosting NDSU in 2020. Example, SDSU gets USD and NDSU at home in off years (NDSU at home in '17, USD in Vermillion).

In 2020 NDSU will be hosting SDSU which would lead me to believe NDSU will be traveling to Grand Forks for your first year in the league.

18 hours ago, Siouhawk said:

Won't NDSU be leading the charge in the SEC by 2020?

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Siouhawk said:

Injustice? Nobody made you sign the contract. Heck if BF wouldnt have demanded the game be played every year from the start we wouldnt be having this conversation. The game

will be scheduled by the computer like fightingsioux4life posted. Backfire????:lol:

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Won't NDSU be leading the charge in the SEC by 2020?

There are some idiots that would welcome that.

• Upvote 1

I could see them doing something like this for 2020 and 2021 (and so on) as far as conference schedules:

UND - NDSU, SDSU, @USD

USD - NDSU, @SDSU, UND

NDSU - SDSU, @USD, @UND

SDSU - @NDSU, USD, @UND

UND - @NDSU, @SDSU, USD

USD - @NDSU, SDSU, @UND

NDSU - @SDSU, USD, UND

SDSU - NDSU, @USD, UND

Looking at the current schedules for USD, NDSU, and USD, this schedule would keep the home and away games with the current Dakota schools consistent.  If the top 2 rivals for each school are as follows.......

UND - 1)NDSU 2)USD

USD - 1)SDSU 2)UND

NDSU - 1)UND 2)NDSU

SDSU - 1)USD 2)NDSU

.....then each school would get one of there top 2 rivals at home every other year as well as another Dakota school either home and away.

I suppose the MVFC could start fresh in 2020 when UND joins, but this would cause the least disruption and avoid the Dakota schools from having to play 2 years in a row at the same venue.

23 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I could see them doing something like this for 2020 and 2021 (and so on) as far as conference schedules:

UND - NDSU, SDSU, @USD

USD - NDSU, @SDSU, UND

NDSU - SDSU, @USD, @UND

SDSU - @NDSU, USD, @UND

UND - @NDSU, @SDSU, USD

USD - @NDSU, SDSU, @UND

NDSU - @SDSU, USD, UND

SDSU - NDSU, @USD, UND

Reverse 2020 and 2021. Why? There is no way UND will host the xDSUs the first MVFC season. USD has traveled to UND recently so that is acceptable. 

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Reverse 2020 and 2021. Why? There is no way UND will host the xDSUs the first MVFC season. USD has traveled to UND recently so that is acceptable. 

I assume you just mean switch UND's game correct?

UND - @NDSU, @SDSU, USD
USD - NDSU, @SDSU, @UND
NDSU - SDSU, @USD, UND
SDSU - @NDSU, USD, UND

UND - NDSU, SDSU, @USD
USD - @NDSU, SDSU, UND
NDSU - @SDSU, USD, @UND
SDSU - NDSU, @USD, @UND

30 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I can't wait for the games in the Big Sky this coming season, but being this thread is about the Bizon game at the Hawk's Nest, I still say it's 2020.

Hawk's Nest...I like it. I wonder if it could get adopted by the Alerus and the Betty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1