SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Dean Blais' time at Omaha coming to an end?

cberkas

I'd like to see Dean have better success and win another National Title in Omaha, but I think he's done after the season or if he's back next year its for sure his last.

Rumbling out of Omaha that they are not happy with how things are run with athletics/hockey there. It sound like everyone wants Trev Alberts gone and gone today.

One of the Omaha fans said on their message board that Dean is gone at the end out the year, but he will be given the option to retire. Mike Hastings name came up as a replacement for Dean and is what Omaha would need to get the community behind the team (they make is sound like the community of Omaha isn't behind the team enough). But the person who runs Mavpuck said Mike Gabinet was hired to be the heir apparent to Blais. If you are Omaha and don't want a drop-off like Colorado College has, you go after Hastings and make him an offer the worst that could happen is he says no. From what I see, Omaha is the better job then Mankato. 

Hastings was loved in Omaha when he ran the Lancers. He always had competitive teams & it was a tough ticket to come by.

I doubt if he would pass up going back to Omaha if offered the position.  I can't see Dean retiring but you never know. It could be his time to hang up the skates & get some more fishing in.

I'm going to be at the Omaha game on February 24th and I am strongly considering making it up early that day to attend the UND Fans Luncheon.  Dean always delivers the goods at those lunches when the opposing team's coach has the chance to talk.  This could be a special day to pay some tributes to a man who has had a huge impact on College Hockey for the last 30+ years.

• Upvote 1