SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'd sit Simo for sure. I think Wilkie has been playing well enough to slot in on the 3rd or 4th line. Hoff probably has more potential upside then Olson so I'd play him as well. Also Hoff can play center or wing if need be.

4th line of Wilke Hoff and Smith would work.

45 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If all forwards are healthy pick 2 from this group to sit...Wilke, Olson, Hoff and Simo. Gardner should sit IMO but he won't. He's been atrocious for weeks now.

Here is one of our problems - not a scorer among them

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This morning, from 7th to 12th in the Pairwise there is a RPI range of .0065

.5594  to  .5529

Not much room for error down the stretch, we're at .5554 and get to watch this coming weekend.

I guess the good thing is that we have all NCHC opponents remaining and a lot of chances to climb, while a loss against an NCHC team is not catastrophic. 

Still have to win. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, burd said:

Which of us posted before the game hat the boys always win when he (or she) attends and that he planned to be there last night.   We need to take care of that poster.

Johhnyboy with a couple numbers, he actually was asking to keep his cup full of beer, if it was tied..

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If all forwards are healthy pick 2 from this group to sit...Wilke, Olson, Hoff and Simo. Gardner should sit IMO but he won't. He's been atrocious for weeks now.

Simonson and Olson.  Suits, press box, cell phones.....

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Simonson and Olson.  Suits, press box, cell phones.....

My 2 as well. Wilke has played better lately than Olson. Hoff is a better centerman than Simo and has no problem moving to a wing if needed. I'll have Goon get on the Bat-phone to Berry to let him know what to do.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If anyone has watched Gornall play in any of his 6 games played this season including last night he effort is relentless. He maximizes his potential almost every night he plays. Can't say that about many other guys. He is a perfect fit with Bowen and Yon. 

With the way Gornall has been playing I would have to think his spot in the lineup is a given from here on out. 

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If anyone has watched Gornall in any of his 6 games played this season including last night he effort is relentless. He maximizes his potential almost every night he plays. Can't say that about many other guys. He is a perfect fit with Bowen and Yon. 

He struggled mightily in the game he played against the Gophers. Luckily that's ancient history now.

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If anyone has watched Gornall in any of his 6 games played this season including last night he effort is relentless. He maximizes his potential almost every night he plays. Can't say that about many other guys. He is a perfect fit with Bowen and Yon. 

This ^^^ 

57 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My 2 as well. Wilke has played better lately than Olson. Hoff is a better centerman than Simo and has no problem moving to a wing if needed. I'll have Goon get on the Bat-phone to Berry to let him know what to do.

Spot on here. Their ship has sailed. 

Also, thoughts on Bowen on 2nd PP unit? I know he's a freshie but why not? He's got 5 goals and at least he'll bus his ass off to the corner and battle where the team is super complacent on PP during puck battles. 

Olson on the PP?  No more! 

56 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I third that. After this weekend I think it is quite obvious 10 and 11 are our 13th and 14th forwards although I wouldn't bet on either sitting. I've said it a million times but Olson can't skate at this level. Just look at the difference between him and Gornall and you see why Gornall can make a difference. Skating

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He struggled mightily in the game he played against the Gophers. Luckily that's ancient history now.

"the game"..... that is singular. Gardner, Wilke, Ausmus, Simo, Wolanin.........you want me to keep going? I get your point but big picture please. There are plenty of guys that have had disproportionately more bad games vs good ones this season.

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"the game"..... that is singular. Gardner, Wilke, Ausmus, Simo, Wolanin.........you want me to keep going? I get your point but big picture please. There are plenty of guys that have had disproportionately more bad games vs good ones this season.

I only bring it up because it's the only time I've noticed him this year. Granted I'm only able to watch at most ~50% of games.

Won't miss Gage one iota when he's gone. An embarrassment to the program between his lack of passion and embarrassing social media presence.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Extremely easy question---Wilkie and simo, hands down. Wilkie is a scorer who can't score and simo is a grinder who can't grind because he's 140 lbs.