SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tim Walsh hates UND.  He is a terrible official.  You can't honestly be that terrible.  I thought Stecher was going to cross check the guy last year at the NCHC tournament. 

To be fair, Tim is a great guy to go drinking with :)

29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Unbelievable........

Was a 3 on 1

In defense of the offending player though, wow, very close call upon watching the replay.  When it's that close, let it go.  If we score they can always review and waive the goal if offside.  But to call it that close, UND never got even a chance to see if would score.  They won anyway though so all is fine in the Forxville!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

@Oxbow6 @sprig @Goon @Siouxman how are you guys able to stay awake at this game?

Missed this. Sleeping,  Gornall woke us up.  Then when he scored in ot, everyone stayed, kind of in a trance not believing we'd won,  or waiting for Walsh to waive it off and call a penalty on some random guy in green. 

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Missed this. Sleeping,  Gornall woke us up.  Then when he scored in ot, everyone stayed, kind of in a trance not believing we'd won,  or waiting for Walsh to waive it off and call a penalty on some random guy in green. 

I didn't want to believe it was over until after Walsh skated off the ice.  Gornall could have gotten unsportsmanlike conduct for that game winner, and let's not put it outside the realm of Walsh to call that penalty. 

• Upvote 1

Brought out the black jersey, ate at the Red Pepper when we got to the REA, got my Honey Weiss and watched warmups from the glass on the upper deck. The thing I did most of last season, haven't done it all in a while because of my daughter's sports. Felt good for it all to come together tonight!

How about that Eastside starting line tonight! Call them the MP line? MN and PA line or the "MP's....What a night!

Just now, bigskyvikes said:

Brought out the black jersey, ate at the Red Pepper when we got to the REA, got my Honey Weiss and watched warmups from the glass on the upper deck. The thing I did most of last season, haven't done it all in a while because of my daughter's sports. Felt good for it all to come together tonight!

How about that Eastside starting line tonight! Call them the MP line? MN and PA line or the "MP's....What a night!

Usually don't wear a black jersey at home but tonight mine came out as well.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I didn't want to believe it was over until after Walsh skated off the ice.  Gornall could have gotten unsportsmanlike conduct for that game winner, and let's not put it outside the realm of Walsh to call that penalty. 

If that would have happened I think we'd have seen referee on a stick with either Brad or Dane firing up the grill. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

If all forwards are healthy pick 2 from this group to sit...Wilke, Olson, Hoff and Simo. Gardner should sit IMO but he won't. He's been atrocious for weeks now.

I'd sit Simo for sure. I think Wilkie has been playing well enough to slot in on the 3rd or 4th line. Hoff probably has more potential upside then Olson so I'd play him as well. Also Hoff can play center or wing if need be.