SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm in full-on, survival mode for the National Tournament. Honestly, the conference is moot to me, right now. Getting home ice would be great, but just get in to the tourney. That's all I care about :)

Makes sense. It really is more about the pairwise than the conference. BUT it would be good to get home ice for the NCHC playoffs. winning some playoff games would definitely help us.

Wins at W. Michigan would be Huge. (Sweep would be HUGE)

Losses against CC would be devastating.

Omaha will be very interesting, as we smoked them in Omaha. We have struggled at the Ralph, and they will likely want a little revenge.

1 minute ago, franchise said:

I'll settle for 1 sweep and 2 splits.  Preferably the sweep vs WMU

Makes sense to me. A sweep against WMU would allow a little room for error against CC, but losing another to CC could definitely hurt us. Hoping we get Jost back against Western to add a little energy and motivation. Maybe Hak can call the boys and give a little motivation for a late season run :)

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Makes sense. It really is more about the pairwise than the conference. BUT it would be good to get home ice for the NCHC playoffs. winning some playoff games would definitely help us.

Wins at W. Michigan would be Huge. (Sweep would be HUGE)

Losses against CC would be devastating.

Omaha will be very interesting, as we smoked them in Omaha. We have struggled at the Ralph, and they will likely want a little revenge.

Sweep WMU and I think we are in (outside of losing out). CC? I don't think we'd play them unless they make it to the Frozen Faceoff. Omaha is good. We are better, but those are games we need. They are in desperation mode, too.

I would think if we win enough to stay in the top 14 or so in the pairwise, we will get home ice, because some of the other teams we are competing with are playing each other like St. Cloud vs. Miami and Omaha and Western this weekend. 

37 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sweep WMU and I think we are in (outside of losing out). CC? I don't think we'd play them unless they make it to the Frozen Faceoff. Omaha is good. We are better, but those are games we need. They are in desperation mode, too.

Yep, agreed. Sweeping WMU will be not easy task though. I'm hoping Jost is back and ready to go and him and Boeser lead the charge. Need to win, but also need to play more complete games. 

Correct, we don't play CC. Should have been Miami. A team that I consider similar to Omaha; more talented than their record.

Hate having off weekends with no hockey. 

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yep, agreed. Sweeping WMU will be not easy task though. I'm hoping Jost is back and ready to go and him and Boeser lead the charge. Need to win, but also need to play more complete games. 

Correct, we don't play CC. Should have been Miami. A team that I consider similar to Omaha; more talented than their record.

Hate having off weekends with no hockey. 

Per Dane Jackson they expect to have Jost back for WMU and he is one of the few that you know the effort will be there game in and game out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TNF said:

Per Dane Jackson they expect to have Jost back for WMU and he is one of the few that you know the effort will be there game in and game out. 

Hope it'll give the team a spark. I've said it numerous times, we have seen what this team can do when they play to their potential. Just hope they live up to the potential by tourney time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think our goal needs to be sweep WMU since we'll most likely have Boeser, Jost, Cam and company playing again.

If we can get a gritty sweep in Kalamazoo I'm comfortable with our chances.

The risk is that Kalamazoo is a very tough place to play, WMU plays a physical style of hockey, and there is definitely a risk of further injuries in that place.

28 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

The risk is that Kalamazoo is a very tough place to play, WMU plays a physical style of hockey, and there is definitely a risk of further injuries in that place.

From what I've seen, they seem to be less physical and more dynamic this season then the past few.

That being said, Lawson will be loud for us. They know they have the defending champs in their barn and they want to make a statement that they are for real. We need to be really, really good next week to sweep.