SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. If this team can just maintain their positioning in the standings. Then get the right pieces back at the right time, we will be okay. Would love to see Cam hit his stride heading into the playoffs.

Cam is the least of my worries....scoring is our biggest issue.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Cam is the least of my worries....scoring is our biggest issue.

Totally agree. I meant more, if Cam were to go on a hot streak .... well we've been on the flip side of those games. A hot goaltender in the playoffs or the national tournament can do a lot for you.

But you are correct, scoring is a huge issue right now. I love Gornall's first goal (well actually both of them), drive to the net, be physical and finish. Getting sick of these bad angle, low percentage, perimeter shots. Unless you are luke johnson, you gotta get some better shots from the top of the circle and in the slot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1981 said:

Nope, I'm sure Bubs has it covered after the 10 minute misconduct penalty he took on Saturday.

Icing on top of the cake as far as I'm concerned, it's happened a few times this year and it's embarrassing. Remains to be seen if his act can get cleaned up.

3 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

19 17 16

7 9 13

25 22 14

26 27 18

I want to see Berry give the Jost/Boeser combo another try. If that doesn't work, flip 16 and 13.

I absolutely think he will, too. There's been so much juggling at this point, why not, right? Putting our best players together isn't a bad idea. 

14 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

19 17 16

7 9 13

25 22 14

26 27 18

I want to see Berry give the Jost/Boeser combo another try. If that doesn't work, flip 16 and 13.

I'm with you until the end of the last sentence --> flip 16 and 14

There's history of 22 and 16 working well together in K-zoo. 

You are welcome.  We didn't roll into the arena until late in the first period.  Which explains why UND was behind.  Sure enough,  after I got to my seat,  UND 2 - St. Cloud 0. 

Und's undefeated record when I'm in attendance continues.  If any of you want to offer me tickets plus an nightly service fee (say....$100/night or $175/weekend), I'll show up and guarantee yet another win.

OT win and I'll knock $20 off my fee. Shootout win and I'll knock $50 off, and loss, I'll give you $50 of my hard earned money that I'm sure to pull in over the course of a full season. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You are welcome.  We didn't roll into the arena until late in the first period.  Which explains why UND was behind.  Sure enough,  after I got to my seat,  UND 2 - St. Cloud 0. 

Und's undefeated record when I'm in attendance continues.  If any of you want to offer me tickets plus an nightly service fee (say....$100/night or $175/weekend), I'll show up and guarantee yet another win.

OT win and I'll knock $20 off my fee. Shootout win and I'll knock $50 off, and loss, I'll give you $50 of my hard earned money that I'm sure to pull in over the course of a full season. 

Money back guarantee?

On 2/6/2017 at 0:23 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I absolutely think he will, too. There's been so much juggling at this point, why not, right? Putting our best players together isn't a bad idea. 

With how many injuries there have been, it's not surprising that lines have been juggled so much.

Would definitely help us to see a split between Western and Omaha this weekend. It would prevent Omaha from jumping us in the standings, and keep Western within reach when we play them.

Fortunately, we play both Western and Omaha in the next few weeks, so there is a strong chance to solidify the #3 spot in the league heading into the NCHC playoffs. Although, I don't think there is a single team in the NCHC this year, including CC, that I am overly confident playing in the first round (hopefully at home). This league is so deep, and even the bad teams have had some really good showings.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Would definitely help us to see a split between Western and Omaha this weekend. It would prevent Omaha from jumping us in the standings, and keep Western within reach when we play them.

Fortunately, we play both Western and Omaha in the next few weeks, so there is a strong chance to solidify the #3 spot in the league heading into the NCHC playoffs. Although, I don't think there is a single team in the NCHC this year, including CC, that I am overly confident playing in the first round (hopefully at home). This league is so deep, and even the bad teams have had some really good showings.

I'm in full-on, survival mode for the National Tournament. Honestly, the conference is moot to me, right now. Getting home ice would be great, but just get in to the tourney. That's all I care about :)

• Upvote 4