SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Watch it my friend. I am a progressive liberal and I am NOT anti-American. :glare:

As for what Gage posts on social media, I couldn't care less. He has the same right to his opinion that I (and Oxbow6 for that matter) have. He was our captain for title team #8 and has contributed a lot to this program. People should lay off.

No kidding! The team as a whole is having a tough year, not just gage. I feel like he definitely hasn't played as well as I thought he would this year but judging him on his political views on social media is funny to me. If the team was winning would it even be brought up? Cripes stetcher was quoted after the championship last year that he was going to Joe blacks when he got home to get blackout drunk and I didn't hear much about that haha

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I think those are the 2 I would choose as well but really as long as the 2 come from the group of Simonson, Wilkie, Olson, or Hoff I'm fine with it. If everyone is healthy for Western Michigan I'd try a lineup of:
Gersich-Jost-Boeser
Smith-Gardner-Poganski
Yon-Bowen-Gornall
Janatuinen-Hoff-Olson

Change Wilkie for Olson and I really like these lines. This bye week is coming at a really good time. Get the team healthy, get Jost / JJ back and see what they can do. 

46 minutes ago, AJS said:

Change Wilkie for Olson and I really like these lines. This bye week is coming at a really good time. Get the team healthy, get Jost / JJ back and see what they can do. 

In all honesty I don't know who can play with Brock. He's had zero chemistry with everyone up front. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mhockey said:

No kidding! The team as a whole is having a tough year, not just gage. I feel like he definitely hasn't played as well as I thought he would this year but judging him on his political views on social media is funny to me. If the team was winning would it even be brought up? Cripes stetcher was quoted after the championship last year that he was going to Joe blacks when he got home to get blackout drunk and I didn't hear much about that haha

Yup, winning cures everything

29 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

In all honesty I don't know who can play with Brock. He's had zero chemistry with everyone up front. 

Last night he was making plays to guys that were a step behind his thinking.

I remember him dangling around on the high circle and dishing a beautiful wide open pass to pogo without even looking. Pogo didn't see it coming and was too far behind it and nothing came of it. Pogo wasn't too slow...he just wasn't anticipating it and was gliding into the zone. Little things like that are dragging down brocks production but it's still weird he isn't scoring on his own sometimes. 

I think jost could bring the skill to Brock's line that he's looking for. Maybe put them back together to give it another shot? 

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

30 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Last night he was making plays to guys that were a step behind his thinking.

I remember him dangling around on the high circle and dishing a beautiful wide open pass to pogo without even looking. Pogo didn't see it coming and was too far behind it and nothing came of it. Pogo wasn't too slow...he just wasn't anticipating it and was gliding into the zone. Little things like that are dragging down brocks production but it's still weird he isn't scoring on his own sometimes. 

I think jost could bring the skill to Brock's line that he's looking for. Maybe put them back together to give it another shot? 

I don't think Brock has zero chemistry with his teammates.  Ogie is right.  Last year he had Nick and Caggiula, and they all made each other look good. I think Rocco would have flourished on that line too.   It's true Brock sometimes dishes in ways his teammates don't anticipate.  Like most high draft picks, the game is a little slower for him than it is for the average college player.  He makes mistakes, and sometimes his D game is not where it should be (he played with a lot of intensity last night at both ends, I thought), but he can see the ice and make plays. 

17 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Was just telling my wife that, I actually said he was our best dman right now period

Yes I'd say he's right there with his brother. I think a lot of it has to do with being paired with his brother but he still has noticeably improved this year. Good to see, as I anticipate he will be the new tucker this team needs next season. Peski's quickness and still always shocks me because of his body type. I think he will be a stud once he gets a bigger role. I've got him at #3 and Shaw at #4. 

19 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

I liked both poolman and peski last night. Good things for the years to come with two freshmen like them

Peski was outstanding. No other freshman IMO has made bigger strides than him.

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Good thing he's no longer the worst player in the history of the sport. Was worried for a second.

Winds tend to blow hot or cold around here, don't they? 

Actually, I thought the worst player in the history of the sport was LJ up until about this time last year. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Good thing he's no longer the worst player in the history of the sport. Was worried for a second.

Good to hear from you........been awhile. You finally finished breaking down the game film on the UND/Richmond playoff FB game? Outcome change? 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Experiment....

Gersich Jost and Wilkie

Yon Bowen and Boeser

Gornall Gardner and Pogo

JJ Hoff Smith

Last chance for Wilkie.  Put Boeser with some energy guys. See if Gardner and Pogo can score with the pressure off of them

I like those lines, although smith and Olson are a toss up for me.  I doubt Berry changes the yon, Bowen, gornall line.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

smith has a much higher upside than olson...and remember that if olson's penalty against denver was a major we more than likely wouldn't have hung number 8?   

I think I held my breath till they decided it was a 2........I still can't believe it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I'm going to sound like a broken record but please someone tell me what Olson brings to the table? I get it most everyone rags on Wilkie for not scoring but he is starting to create quite a few chances. What is Olson? A grinder who can't grind? He gets knocked off the puck easier than anyone on the team. 

But man, that late 3rd period goal against BC was huge!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I only bring it up because it's the only time I've noticed him this year. Granted I'm only able to watch at most ~50% of games.

Won't miss Gage one iota when he's gone. An embarrassment to the program between his lack of passion and embarrassing social media presence.

His tweets are so controversial, nothing wrong with Gage not being leftwing. Gasp, UND goalie Cam Johnson admitted on Tim Hennessy's radio show that he voted for Trump, I suppose we should kick him off of the team. Disgraceful, right?

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The fact Gage isn't an anti-American progressive liberal should not reflect poorly on him or the program. He doesn't attend UC Berkeley. Yet Lady Gaga will use the SB halftime show to voice her "political" views in about 9 hours. Just watch.........and social media will be buzzing with praise.

There. Lady Gaga was a good girl. You feeling better now???

I thought this was 'north-dakota-vs-scsu-saturday-gameday' post. 

CAN WE PLEASE LEAVE THE POLITICAL BS OFF THIS SITE.PLEASE????

• Upvote 4