SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Anyone see the NSCC game with UMD/Clown? I was not impressed with them when we swept, but I have barely seen them since. 

I know the Huskies are in desperation mode like us, and frankly, they probably "need" these games more than we do, but I think the boys are sick of their inconsistency. Get the Ralph rockin' early and get the Pups on the run.

5-2 UND ... I think Jost will play (no insight, just a hunch) so I'll give him one, Boeser (buddy, we need you -- find those legs), Hoff, Shaw and Gersich.

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone see the NSCC game with UMD/Clown? I was not impressed with them when we swept, but I have barely seen them since. 

I know the Huskies are in desperation mode like us, and frankly, they probably "need" these games more than we do, but I think the boys are sick of their inconsistency. Get the Ralph rockin' early and get the Pups on the run.

5-2 UND ... I think Jost will play (no insight, just a hunch) so I'll give him one, Boeser (buddy, we need you -- find those legs), Hoff, Shaw and Gersich.

If you'd have asked me last Sunday I'd say Jost doesn't play based on good insight.

However, him practicing gives me hope so I hope things have improved more quickly than expected.

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If you'd have asked me last Sunday I'd say Jost doesn't play based on good insight.

However, him practicing gives me hope so I hope things have improved more quickly than expected.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him sit since we have a bye week next.

I'm off the opinion that goes for all players who are less than probable.

Another week of rest and then a suddenly huge weekend in Kalamazoo February 17 and 18 and then dates with Omaha & Miami - there needs to be a good run to go 4-2 in that stretch to secure home ice and/or Pairwise comfort.

This of course, comes after a sweep or at least a 5pt weekend vs. SCSU.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I'll love a win tonight and I'd be extatic to see Gornall and/or Wilke get on the score sheet. Two guys who deserve some puck luck for their efforts. 

I used to rag on Wilkie for his lack of effort while slumping scoring wise. He's gone to work, now and I want him to get one so bad. Confidence builder, for him and with his shot power, he gets going, he's gonna be a big time boon to this team.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I used to rag on Wilkie for his lack of effort while slumping scoring wise. He's gone to work, now and I want him to get one so bad. Confidence builder, for him and with his shot power, he gets going, he's gonna be a big time boon to this team.

He's done the things to get his linemates open and the puck, so much more to the game the being out the to just score goals as some people may think.

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He's done the things to get his linemates open and the puck, so much more to the game the being out the to just score goals as some people may think.

Absolutely. His effort level has been great over the last month or so. He's working hard and I appreciate that.

Boeser absolutely needs to get back on the score sheet this weekend. If he doesn't, that pretty much solidifies that something isn't right with him. He's in a funk and I hope this is the turning point for him. 

If Jost is healthy, do you think we will see Jost and Boeser back on the same line? Maybe that's the boost Boeser needs to get out of his slump. 

10 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I still don't see him scoring anytime soon. Maybe he's realizing his new role and accepting it! 

Really? Why not? Didn't he lead the team in shots recently? Had two pipes last weekend. Kid is absolutely close and has a rifle shot.

8 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Boeser absolutely needs to get back on the score sheet this weekend. If he doesn't, that pretty much solidifies that something isn't right with him. He's in a funk and I hope this is the turning point for him. 

If Jost is healthy, do you think we will see Jost and Boeser back on the same line? Maybe that's the boost Boeser needs to get out of his slump. 

I think it's pretty clear he's not 100%. Shot has looked much better, but he's just not getting space. I think he's got something lower going on.

3-2 UND, Gersich Pogo and Wilkie in no particular order. Think we're gonna see Tyson back tonight. I posted my prediction of a sweep on the weekly thread, saying I'm optimistic about a sweep for the boys this weekend. Don't mean to derail that, but I'm personally still feeling quite uneasy about our tendy situation. I'm glad to see a tighter D-corps and feel like we got a solid work week in preparing for this series, but we need a brick wall this weekend. Badly.

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Really? Why not? Didn't he lead the team in shots recently? Had two pipes last weekend. Kid is absolutely close and has a rifle shot.

I think it's pretty clear he's not 100%. Shot has looked much better, but he's just not getting space. I think he's got something lower going on.

Not trying to be negative, but it's realistic. He's snake bit! After going this long without a goal, he has to have a mental block in his head telling him he can't score...no matter what. He's going to be over thinking every shot and opportunity which leads to furthering his slump. I'd like to see him score just as much as the next guy but I just don't see it happening. I bet Gornall scores before he does...and going out on a limb to bet Simo buries one before him even. 

Also, a rocket of a shot does him no good if he can never create space. He also seems to be so anxious about getting that monkey off his back that he gets sucked in too close to the goalie time after time missing juicy rebounds on the weak side. He's his own worst enemy right now. Sure he is playing harder which is great, but maybe he needs to play smarter if he wants to finally bury one. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Not trying to be negative, but it's realistic. He's snake bit! After going this long without a goal, he has to have a mental block in his head telling him he can't score...no matter what. He's going to be over thinking every shot and opportunity which leads to furthering his slump. I'd like to see him score just as much as the next guy but I just don't see it happening. I bet Gornall scores before he does...and going out on a limb to bet Simo buries one before him even. 

Also, a rocket of a shot does him no good if he can never create space. He also seems to be so anxious about getting that monkey off his back that he gets sucked in too close to the goalie time after time missing juicy rebounds on the weak side. He's his own worst enemy right now. Sure he is playing harder which is great, but maybe he needs to play smarter if he wants to finally bury one. 

Ok, so you aren't saying because he's not good enough to score, got it. I think he's starting to create that space more and more and that's coming from his effort level. Him hitting pipes and generating chances shows he's close. Could be one of those things where he gets one to go and he builds off that. He's got the talent.

6 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Jost still out. Gage and JJ back. Rinks gets the start.

Gersich Hoff Boeser

JJ Gardner Pogo

Yon Bowen Gornall

Wilkie Simo Olson

Poolmans

Ausmus Shaw

Wolanin Peski

Game on. 

Crap. Good. Double crap. Not because Rinks is no good, but just because Cam isn't 100%. Rinks makes me nervous.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mattim said:

Rinks will give us a chance to win, he deserves more credit than he is given. 

Cam is the better option, that's all I'm saying. Kid works his sack off, but he just gives up too many rebounds and gets out of position a lot, IMO. He's our guy tonight. 

• Upvote 1