SiouxSports.com Forum

Baylor and it's problems

cberkas

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylor/2017/02/02/ex-baylor-coach-art-briles-officials-tried-hide-misconduct-football-players-court-record-shows

The AD that tried to cover this up is now the AD at Liberty. After reading this Briles shouldn't be a coach at any level, and none of the people involved or had a high ranking position at Baylor should work at another university or college ever again.

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What happened to SMU in the 80's is why

I think this is way overblown, and I say that as an SMU alum who went there in the 80s. 

An institution that is committed to recovering from the death penalty will do so.  SMU was not.  They got a 1 year ban, then gave themselves a 2nd.  When they came back, the administration had put so many restrictions on the program that there was no hope of being competitive.  Many of those restrictions have only recently been lifted.  SMU killed itself.

Sadly, the NCAA keeps its best weapon in mothballs because it's afraid to kill a program.  And the member schools know this.

48 minutes ago, lawkota said:

I think this is way overblown, and I say that as an SMU alum who went there in the 80s. 

An institution that is committed to recovering from the death penalty will do so.  SMU was not.  They got a 1 year ban, then gave themselves a 2nd.  When they came back, the administration had put so many restrictions on the program that there was no hope of being competitive.  Many of those restrictions have only recently been lifted.  SMU killed itself.

Sadly, the NCAA keeps its best weapon in mothballs because it's afraid to kill a program.  And the member schools know this.

Miami should have gotten it