SiouxSports.com Forum

Signing Day 2017

SiouxBoys

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

Hietpas is in... Must've sent the NLI before Friday's ceremony at his school

School signing ceremonies are just picture ops.  Most of the time they are not signing the actual NLI.  Coaches/programs want the legal NLI faxed to them as soon as possible... they want to eliminate the possibility of uncertainty.

CB JaQuere Williams, 5'11”, 165, 4.5, Naperville (Neuqua Valley), IL Has offers from WY, NDSU, AF & IL St

CB Emmanuel Flowers, 6'2“, 180, 4.4, Chino Hills (Ayala), CA (3 Star - Scout) Has offers from HI, CO, San Diego St, MI St, UCLA & ID

S JoJo Henderson, 6'3”, 195, (Snow College), Ephraim, UT Has offers from AL A&M, Incarnate Word, SF Austin, NAU & San Diego

Be nice if one of these guys would be a surprise sign!

8 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

CB JaQuere Williams, 5'11”, 165, 4.5, Naperville (Neuqua Valley), IL Has offers from WY, NDSU, AF & IL St

CB Emmanuel Flowers, 6'2“, 180, 4.4, Chino Hills (Ayala), CA (3 Star - Scout) Has offers from HI, CO, San Diego St, MI St, UCLA & ID

S JoJo Henderson, 6'3”, 195, (Snow College), Ephraim, UT Has offers from AL A&M, Incarnate Word, SF Austin, NAU & San Diego

Be nice if one of these guys would be a surprise sign!

Flowers is announcing his signing today with the with top 4 being Michigan State, Colorado, San Diego St and Boise St.

No word on the other two, though Williams just got an offer from MSU Moorhead two weeks ago, so not sure who, if anyone on your list, is actually still recruiting him.

9 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

We are not in on JaQuere Williams any more.  It has been quite a while now actually.

Not saying you are wrong, but if we haven't been in on Williams for a while, why would the kid keep the UND picture as his twitter profile picture? Or are you saying UND is not longer interested?

11 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

We are not in on JaQuere Williams any more.  It has been quite a while now actually.

What was the deal with this guy? Did he not qualify academically? He just vanished. He had a lot of offers as late as November. 

Maybe the kid has been or still is recruiting UND?  Not 100% sure on that.  I think if you connect the dots on him though it makes sense that we aren't recruiting him any more.  

Can things change?  Sure.  Recruiting is the most fluid part of college football.  Just sharing the info I have come across.

1 minute ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Maybe the kid has been or still is recruiting UND?  Not 100% sure on that.  I think if you connect the dots on him though it makes sense that we aren't recruiting him any more.  

Can things change?  Sure.  Recruiting is the most fluid part of college football.  Just sharing the info I have come across.

The offer from MSUM is telling in my opinion

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Makes sense. Was just curious. Thanks!

Heinert mentioned that it was still possible to see another signing or 2 today. Either PWO or late scholarship.Regardless, great class. 

Anyone know what happened with the other OL from Illinois (Weichel, I think?) Was there basically 1 spot between him and Jenkins? Anyone know much about these kids? Weichel was far bigger, but I was reading pretty positive things about Jenkins and it sounds like he has the big frame that can fill out. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Commits don't have to sign on the NSD either, of course. We could see a couple late signees in the spring.