SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

I agree with this.  I am thinking that Cam not playing this weekend had more to do with his lack of consistency than an injury.  I think Berry being the class act that he is let Cam tie the record and then said he is hurt to let Cam take some of the pressure off himself.  Some of those saves he missed seemed to me like he was overthinking because he knew the team was struggling.  IMO Cam will be the horse we ride for the playoffs, this is just a breather to gain his positive mojo back.  As far as Ausmus, I hope we get him back soon so that they can sit Wolanin.  He hasn't been playing well and needs to get his skating and stick work back to where it was when he was the d man of the week against Omaha.

I can definitely see Cam feeling like he has zero room for error right now. I wish Wolanin could keep skating at wing. 

If Jost can not go this weekend and UND gets swept he might as well then sit until he is 100% not to risk further injury. UND's season at that stage would be in total playoff mode coming out of the bye having wasted 2 games at home.

15 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

I am thinking that Cam not playing this weekend had more to do with his lack of consistency than an injury.  I think Berry being the class act that he is let Cam tie the record and then said he is hurt to let Cam take some of the pressure off himself.  Some of those saves he missed seemed to me like he was overthinking because he knew the team was struggling.  IMO Cam will be the horse we ride for the playoffs, this is just a breather to gain his positive mojo back.

Your thinking is wrong.  Cam has been dealing with an injury for several weeks.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They've been starting an injured goalie for several weeks and then when he got a record finally got pulled for time to heal?

The next question, then, is "How injured?"

If it was just a nagging thing, that didn't affect much, then so be it.  But if it was an issue that caused him to play in a manner to get pulled... SMH

On 1/31/2017 at 9:32 AM, Cratter said:

They've been starting an injured goalie for several weeks and then when he got a record finally got pulled for time to heal?

It was a nagging injury that flared up Saturday during the Duluth game.

Sorry it doesn't fit your story line.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Let's play under/over:  Ausmus, Jost, Cam and JJ were all out with injury Saturday night.  I'm putting the number at 2.5 for Friday.  2 or less guys out with injury is under or 3 or more out is over.

I'll go under.......I think 3 of those 4 will play Friday even if someone else who played this past Saturday can't go.

All four are back practicing this week.

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, southpaw said:

Your thinking is wrong.  Cam has been dealing with an injury for several weeks.

And your thinking is wrong.  I find it hard to believe if Cam was hurt, Berry would have a hurt player bigger than the team.  Cam wasn't seeing it well and was struggling.  He was looking behind him numerous times on shots he blocked and it wasn't his GF he was looking at.  Just look at last year and your theory is not good.  Sorry to come off as blunt, but facts show Berry isn't that type of a coach to play hurt players. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

And your thinking is wrong.  I find it hard to believe if Cam was hurt, Berry would have a hurt player bigger than the team.  Cam wasn't seeing it well and was struggling.  He was looking behind him numerous times on shots he blocked and it wasn't his GF he was looking at.  Just look at last year and your theory is not good.  Sorry to come off as blunt, but facts show Berry isn't that type of a coach to play hurt players. 

It might very well be he's not 100%, and there are a lot of points on the sliding scale of injury.   He may be dealing with a nagging problem that the medical staff determined did not present an aggravation or long term injury risk.   Staff and players alike make mistakes, but I trust Berry and the staff to protect our players.   They understand even better than we that UND's rep for protecting the kids' health is critical to recruits, recruits' parents, and pro clubs who own their rights. 

13 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

Sometimes you need to trust the source and I would in this situation. And there is a difference between hurt and injured. At this point in the season, there are quite a few players playing dinged up.

• Upvote 2