SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

UND (14-10-3 // 7-8-1-1 nchc) split in Colorado Springs this last weekend. That was CC's first win at home this season. UND is 2-4 in their last 6 games with two of the losses being a shutout. UND STATS

***UND has 4 nchc series left - 2 home (SCSU/UNO)  ~  2 road (WMU/MIAMI)

***BYE week for UND after this series

***NCHC 3 teams in top four pairwise, 5 teams in top 16...UNO 19 MIAMI 22 CC 33

***UND swept SCSU at St. Cloud in November 3-0 and 4-0

***GERSICH scored 4 of 6 UND goals at SCSU in November - hattrick Friday 

***GERSICH 18 goals third in nation - leader at 22

SCSU (12-13-1 // 6-9-1-0) split their two games in the last North Star cup beating Bemidji State and losing to UMD in OT. SCSU is 3-3 is their last 6 games with three if them going to OT. They have scored 5 total goals in their last 3 games. SCSU STATS

NCAA STATS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

UND 9 / SCSU 16 - as of Jan. 28

NCHC STANDINGS

DU 35 (all have played 16 nchc games)

UMD 35

WMU 26

UND 23

UNO 22

MIAMI 21

SCSU 19 

CC 11

21 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Need a sweep.

Jost injured (?)
Boeser playing injured or at least not scoring points
Cam injured
Abysmal home record this season

I'd say we're lucky if we don't get swept.
Hopefully the boys play with loose sticks and come at SCSU like they did Saturday night vs CC.  Stop hitting the goalie in the chest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, snova4 said:

I'm saying split, but in all honesty, wouldn't be surprised if get swept. Just so inconsistent. Anything can happen in the tourney, especially playing from Fargo, but we need to get there first.

that is my fear, we all made fun of MN last year for not making the tourney when they host it.  Well, I am hoping that isn't this team this year. 

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

that is my fear, we all made fun of MN last year for not making the tourney when they host it.  Well, I am hoping that isn't this team this year. 

To be fair, that happens to them once every couple years being that they host so frequently.  :)

2 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Boys control their own destiny.  Remaining games with SC, WM, UNO and Miami are all teams in position for home ice for 1st round NCHC.  Let's see if we can put some of these games as a "W".

Do we want home ice?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

All streaks come to an end.  Long unbeaten streak at the Ralph came to an end, so will this current streak of losing at the Ralph.  I believe the boys will start a good streak this weekend!

I'm more concerned about our streak of getting home ice, and making the NCAA tourney. Both are in serious jeopardy this year.

• Upvote 3

Let's play under/over:  Ausmus, Jost, Cam and JJ were all out with injury Saturday night.  I'm putting the number at 2.5 for Friday.  2 or less guys out with injury is under or 3 or more out is over.

I'll go under.......I think 3 of those 4 will play Friday even if someone else who played this past Saturday can't go.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's play under/over:  Ausmus, Jost, Cam and JJ were all out with injury Saturday night.  I'm putting the number at 2.5 for Friday.  2 or less guys out with injury is under or 3 or more out is over.

I'll go under.......I think 3 of those 4 will play Friday even if someone else who played this past Saturday can't go.

3 of 4 sounds about right to me.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My guess is Jost and Cam don't play

1 hour ago, siouxstudent said:

3 of 4 sounds about right to me.

It is going to be a balancing act between needing to win now but having the bye week on the other side. I think Jost sits for sure but perhaps others with nagging injuries as well. I say over.  

24 minutes ago, franchise said:

I'll say 2 of 4 go.  If there's ANY question with Jost, they'll give him 2 more weeks

I agree with this.  I am thinking that Cam not playing this weekend had more to do with his lack of consistency than an injury.  I think Berry being the class act that he is let Cam tie the record and then said he is hurt to let Cam take some of the pressure off himself.  Some of those saves he missed seemed to me like he was overthinking because he knew the team was struggling.  IMO Cam will be the horse we ride for the playoffs, this is just a breather to gain his positive mojo back.  As far as Ausmus, I hope we get him back soon so that they can sit Wolanin.  He hasn't been playing well and needs to get his skating and stick work back to where it was when he was the d man of the week against Omaha.