SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Terrible loss no way around it and I'm sure it will hurt in the pairwise. CC's goalie was good and lucky but way too much perimeter play from the Sioux. CC's goal was a gift from Johnson. First the terrible giveaway drop pass in the corner when he had the easy breakout pass available and then it goes off his skate and in. When does it change from Wilkie not getting puck luck and he just needs one to go in to breakout to maybe he just isn't gonna be a scorer at this level? I've already moved him into the Mitch MacMillan and Wade Murphy category not sure why he still sees PP time I'd much rather put Bowen or Yon in his place.

• Upvote 2

Lol. This board is killing me. How many of you were all "I'd gladly give up a missed tournament appearance or two for a championship"? Please, admit to it, then all of you Hakstol haters for years complaining about him admit maybe, just maybe, you were just a little wrong. Haha. The world is going to keep turning. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Lol. This board is killing me. How many of you were all "I'd gladly give up a missed tournament appearance or two for a championship"? Please, admit to it, then all of you Hakstol haters for years complaining about him admit maybe, just maybe, you were just a little wrong. Haha. The world is going to keep turning. 

What does being frustrated about a loss have to do with Hakstol vs. Berry? You probably think Hakstol would have had us in 1st place this year. News Flash: This team lost 9 key players off of last year's team. That is hard to replace. If we miss the tournament this year, it will be for the first time since 2002. The streak wasn't going to last forever.

Now, don't you have a Flyers game to follow? ;)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I have been a UND Alum, fan and supporter for many years but this is one frustrating season.  They just can't seem to get it together no matter how many player only meetings or players telling us they know what they have to do. 

Gonna call it like I see it: the talent level isn't all that good on this team.  Defenseman are bad.

Compare this year's team to last years team.  Quite the contrast.  

To sum it up, this is probably about how good they are.  Could maybe be a smidge better.

2 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Exactly, this is GPL type meltdown. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What does being frustrated about a loss have to do with Hakstol vs. Berry? You probably think Hakstol would have had us in 1st place this year. News Flash: This team lost 9 key players off of last year's team. That is hard to replace.

Now, don't you have a Flyers game to follow? ;)

Ehhh hakstol had worse teams and still got them ready to play every night.  I see where he is coming from.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No need to panic...Funny how everyone was saying...."they are dominating, just need one to fall and the flood gates will open". Now it's, "these guys are bad, this season sucks, can't do this"... Funny reading this place implode game after game. Come on undefeated season, just one year please!

Screenshot_20170128-213612.png

1 minute ago, Big Green said:

Season is not over.  This board is killing me.  Goalie stood on his head tonight and we lost, time to move on to next week.   

There is going to come a time in the not to distant future when this can't be said anymore. Sometimes you just dig yourself to deep a hole to climb out of. 

• Upvote 1

Went to the game. Thought we badly out-played CC the first two periods but felt like CC found their legs and had a really strong forecheck which caused some problems for North Dakota. Lots of shots by UND right in LeClerc's chest. He played solid but I think we made him look good too.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

No need to panic...Funny how everyone was saying...."they are dominating, just need one to fall and the flood gates will open". Now it's, "these guys are bad, this season sucks, can't do this"... Funny reading this place implode game after game. Come on undefeated season, just one year please!

Screenshot_20170128-213612.png

Hasn't been updated yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

If this team cannot string together more than two wins at a time, they won't do much in the tournament.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I believe last year's team would have buried at least a few of these chances.

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Ehhh, we haven't lost 9 guys in one off-season in years. 

Which side of your two arguments are you on now?

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Which side of your two arguments are you on now?

What are you talking about? I said last year's team would have buried some of these shots. I also said that we lost a lot of talent off of last year's team. How are those two points contradictory? I think they go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Maybe next you can tell us how Notre Dame MBB is a perennial national power? :silly:

• Upvote 1