SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I disagree only because it in my humble opinion those games put our defensemen on the hunt for points and let the primary purpose of the position take second place.  Thoughts?

That thought actually crossed my mind after Wolanin had some poor defensive efforts. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Gornall with Bowen and Yon...I like it. Not going to scare anyone physically, but fast and creative. 

Boeser with Hoff and Gersich.

Pogo JJ Gardner

Olson Smith with Simo

No Wilkie..........

Tomek, a Euro, on CC's Olympic ice surface tonight. I don't mind that as that's probably what he grew up with. All the angles are different on that wide surface. 

Then again, three freshman (North American) defensemen on Olympic ice ... < cringe > 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tomek, a Euro, on CC's Olympic ice surface tonight. I don't mind that as that's probably what he grew up with. All the angles are different on that wide surface. 

Then again, three freshman (North American) defensemen on Olympic ice ... < cringe > 

I'll say this.......Peski and Johnson have come a long ways. I like their pairing tonight.

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So if Tomek gives up 7 in the first period, do we all b*tch about what the heck Berey was doing starting him in the first place?  :cool:

We can b*tch about Berey because Berry won't mind.  :huh:

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Agreed, Ox

I'm going big on this one. 7-2. Need an Omaha type game to rebuild some confidence.

Gersich x2, Boeser x2, TPooly, CPooly, WILKIE

I guess I'll flip my last goal pick to.... hmmmm... Wolanin. Just so everyone gets off him for a little bit :)

Liking the top line as well as the 2nd with some big bodies in Rhett in Pogo. CC is one of the lightest teams in the nation in average weight. If the boys can dominate in the corners they'll toy with CC. Also I like Gornall and his speed on that 4th line with the olympic ice sheet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, burd said:

Did any of you guys see the CC/UMD series or talk to anyone who did?   A win and a tie and only 4 goals against in UMD's barn tells me they are capable of playing some pretty good hockey. 

In the tie, Duluth outshot them like 3 or 4 to one. I caught the last 5 minutes or so and UMD took it to them. Not discrediting them whatsoever because UMD is the best team in the country, but I didn't see a lot to brand them much more than a decent team. We need to handle them.