SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

41 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Brock gets off his game when he is complaining to the refs.  Hennessy called it on the radio coverage last night.  Took a bad penalty and had no basis to argue the call.  I have a feeling Brock will have a better game tonight.  What an effort by Gornall last night.  This year's version of Coltyn Sanderson?

Absolutely. Incredible work ethic, shows up with a great attitude and doesn't get discouraged by little playing time. I personally think if Gornall stays all four years (don't see why he wouldn't) he might crack the line-up more than Coltyn did, especially if he plays with the flame that he showed last night on a more consistent basis. I said it on the UND/CC week thread that we really needed to harbor the next man up mentality this weekend, especially in the midst of key absences in our line-up, and Mike is doing that. I like it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

The second goal was an absolute snipe. As noted in your post, u clearly didn't watch the game.

I did see the highlights and the goal was included. Don't care how hard it was he was off his angle and most college goalies make that save. Nothing against Tomek I want him to develop into a goalie but with the situation we are in with not a lot of margin for error I feel more comfortable with Hrynkiw than him.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hennessy's on-air comments implied that both goals Tomek let in should've been stopped. The second was something about "you have to be on that pipe."

Schloss basically said same thing on live chat.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Schloss basically said same thing on live chat.

and what about second and third goal from the first game against MinDul ...? I think Cam should have stopped the both and I am sure but I don 't know what was comment from Schloss... any 

6 minutes ago, spotter said:

and what about second and third goal from the first game against MinDul ...? I think Cam should have stopped the both and I am sure but I don 't know what was comment from Schloss... any 

Yes, he should've stopped both. I was calling to pull Cam after the first of those two. They were pitiful. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Odd the first was a total fluke.  Neither ever played the game though.

Probably correct on your last point but both have watched enough hockey to give a respectable opinion. Bottom line Cam has been pretty good to really good most of games he has played at UND. Tomek has kind of made a mess of things in his limited action. If Tomek sticks around I think he'll be more than an adequate goalie for UND. The WJC proved he can play.

Watched the replay of both goals again.  First no chance, guy right there, team running around the defensive end.  

The second goal is a toss up, and really up for discussion.  Matej will tell you he should have stopped it because he saw it all the way and where the shot came from on the ice.  I give the CC guy credit for teeing one up and blasting it home.  To me that's a snipe.  Matej could have been out further, but I don't think he has a good enough glove to snag that regardless.

Bottom line, team first......Bob Anderson can start for all I care.  Just stop the puck and give the team a chance to win.  The guy who gives the team the best chance needs to be the goalie.

• Upvote 1

I also follow social media closely and I’ve seen some of the comments fans tweet about Johnson. I asked Johnson if he had seen the calls for him to sit for a game or two, he answered the question candidly.

I think there were a few times where we’re going through rough patches and if we’d thrown someone else in the fire it may have gotten pretty ugly,” Johnson said. “You never know. A goalie can win you games and we have other unbelievable goalies here that can play. But I think it was a learning process for everyone. Guys were kind of learning what I am all about. I was learning what guys on our team were all about.

“We weren’t playing our best hockey and we were getting outplayed. We were giving up way too many grade-A chances. I felt maybe if we put someone else in there it could have gone horribly wrong. Maybe it could’ve been good. For the most part, I would’ve felt bad, because if they get peppered in some of the games like we did, it kind of takes their confidence away from them.”  (Link to the rest of the article)

This season, I 've read some of the comments (message boards and social media) on Cam Johnson and I thought I might add my two cents. I think people have short memories when it comes to Cam. Johnson also had an outstanding career record and garnered All-American honors last season. IMHO, he's the best goalie of the four. Also, Matt Hrynkiw has bid his time and worked hard to get where he's at. Hrynkiw assumes nothing and has worked for everything that he's gotten. Last season, Hrynkiw stepped in and performed well while Johnson was hurt. 

I don't know any media member, smug or not that wants Matej Tomek to fail. Except for his appearances in the WJC, he's struggled. Also, UND doesn't have a lot of wiggle room. Coach Berry probably felt that he desperately needed to get the win and pulled Tomek to spark his team.  Tomek wasn't playing well, either was the team in front of him. 

Back in December, I Interviewed Johnson. I didn't throw him any softballs. Right out of the gate, I asked him the question point blank. What do you think of the calls for you to sit for a game or two? Johnson being the stand-up kid that he is, he answered the question. Funny thing, I think Hennessy asked him just about the same question during his Tuesday radio show a few weeks ago. Johnson's reply was about the same. 

Love this thread.  Especially the clowns talking about "I sure do the miss the days we didn't suck after Christmas."   Yeah, ,that's the ticket...let's long for the days we start out crappy, make a huge run after Xmas and then CHOKE OUR ASS OFF in the playoffs!

You Hak nut swingers can dream all you want.  He isn't coming back.  Which means we can win TITLES in Grand Forks now.  Thanks Brad!

• Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

Love this thread.  Especially the clowns talking about "I sure do the miss the days we didn't suck after Christmas."   Yeah, ,that's the ticket...let's long for the days we start out crappy, make a huge run after Xmas and then CHOKE OUR ASS OFF in the playoffs!

You Hak nut swingers can dream all you want.  He isn't coming back.  Which means we can win TITLES in Grand Forks now.  Thanks Brad!

No NCAA appearance this season...and two more yo-yo seasons after that...fans like you will be calling the Mayflower trucks in for Berry too.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

No NCAA appearance this season...and two more yo-yo seasons after that...fans like you will be calling the Mayflower trucks in for Berry too.

Good thing that won't ever happen then huh?

Don't you need to be over on GPL bashing Sioux fans so you can be "liked" over there?

I know The National Championship being won the VERY FIRST YEAR Hak left had to sting for you MM, but you're going to have to get over that.  We have a personable coach now who knows how to get the most out of his squad when it counts.  But hey.....keep your fingers crossed that we don't make the tourney this year.  Those national results had to make you pretty crabby last night....helping us out as much as they did in the PWR, huh? 

POSER. 

• Downvote 7

22 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

Don't you need to be over on GPL bashing Sioux fans so you can be "liked" over there?

I know The National Championship being won the VERY FIRST YEAR Hak left had to sting for you MM, but you're going to have to get over that.  We have a personable coach now who knows how to get the most out of his squad when it counts.  But hey.....keep your fingers crossed that we don't make the tourney this year.  Those national results had to make you pretty crabby last night....helping us out as much as they did in the PWR, huh? 

POSER. 

Yea, I was real heartbroken that UND won the title last year, wasn't I?  

Watching the game while wearing my CC jersey too!

:silly:

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea, I was real heartbroken that UND won the title last year, wasn't I?  

Watching the game while wearing my CC jersey too!

:silly:

You don't need to try so hard man.  It's so obvious, we get it.

You want us to lose so that you can jump all over the people who wanted Hak gone.  Hence your CONSTANT "Well those of you who wanted a title should be ok with us sucking now" posts. 

There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that you are hoping we don't make the tournament this year, just so you can yap to everyone who KNEW Hak was a choker and that we'd never win the big one with him about how Berry is no better.  Well...sorry bub....that ain't happening.  

• Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

Tool bag alert, tool bag alert!

Only a person like you thinks Hak had nothing to do with lasts seasons natty!

Hilarious!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

You want us to lose so that you can jump all over the people who wanted Hak gone.  Hence your CONSTANT "Well those of you who wanted a title should be ok with us sucking now" posts. 

There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that you are hoping we don't make the tournament this year, just so you can yap to everyone who KNEW Hak was a choker and that we'd never win the big one with him about how Berry is no better.  Well...sorry bub....that ain't happening.  

:lol:

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, siouxvikes said:

How was bowling with superdouch* DaveK tonite?

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, siouxvikes said:

There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that you are hoping we don't make the tournament this year, just so you can yap to everyone who KNEW Hak was a choker and that we'd never win the big one with him about how Berry is no better. 

You don't know MafiaMan, clearly.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, siouxvikes said:

POSER. 

So when are these games going to start counting? Is he waiting until the conference tournament that they will need to win when the pair wise has us bounced from the tournament? We've won 9 out of the last 22 games, I don't call that getting the most out of a team, especially when we've looked terrible on ice.

• Upvote 1