SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

I've been backing tomek for awhile, but the first period was not his fault.  The first shot was deflected. A different team showed up in he second. I've never seen a kid with a shorter leash.

Good win by the boys though.  Need the sweep tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I feel bad for him because of that and also... (and maybe it's just me) but it feels like certain media types get all smug and want him to fail so they can make a point to fans about Cam being far superior. 

IDK just rubs me the wrong way.

When Schlossman says the following in the chat after Tomek allowed that bad goal(the second goal):

Well, if nothing else, I think the UND fans will finally wake up about Cam Johnson and realize he is unquestionably the starting goalie.

I get what you mean. I seem to recall Cam, Dell, and Zane doing the same thing when they finally got the opportunity to start games. Yet man oh man don't you dare question whether or not one of the other goalies should get a chance over Cam!

PS I have no doubts about Cam being the starter. I just believe that sometimes a goalie needs a game off.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

When Schlossman says the following in the chat after Tomek allowed that bad goal(the second goal):

I don't recall Schloss saying anything like that last week when Cam let in a couple softies...including that brutal one from behind the goal line (an old LJ-style goal).
Every goalie has their good games and bad games...Tomek hasn't really been given a shot to show us much yet...as was mentioned above, few would have thought that he'd have a great streak in front of him after watching him during that LSSU game early in his career!  :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This needs to be said:

Who else remembers Cam Johnson's first couple of appearances during the Zano-insane-o era? 

Tomek just needs to relax and play. 

I do, I felt like I was the only one defending him during that time, saying a young kid on a big stage. Same thing now with Tomek.

On Twitter I even got a thank you PM from Cam for defending him back then.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I get what you mean. I seem to recall Cam, Dell, and Zane doing the same thing when they finally got the opportunity to start games. Yet man oh man don't you dare question whether or not one of the other goalies should get a chance over Cam!

PS I have no doubts about Cam being the starter. I just believe that sometimes a goalie needs a game off.

Same here. I like Cam and I hate that it's assumed you're against him because you may want to see some of the other goalies. At some point, Cam's not going to be  here anymore and it'd be nice to know what kind of comfort level we can have with the goalies that remain. 

• Upvote 2

Arguably your top 2 players out in Jost and Cam plus your captain.......good comeback NCHC road win. Smith and Gornall need to play from here on out IMO. Olson has been good as of late too. Kudos to Rinks. Not sure of Tomek situation but he has looked shakey at best in a couple brief stints. This team's MVP to date is easy......Gersich. Nice to move up the Pairwise. A win tonight keeps them there. 

• Upvote 1