SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-2, 12-7) @ NAU (2-6, 5-16) 1/28 3 PM

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I know it's late in the game and hard to let the whistle decide the game but that was a foul clearly. 

Sux.  They would of called it on us at the Betty, UND absolutely gets very little hometown calls for whatever reason but life on the road in BSC play is tuff.

Just now, GDPritch said:

Sux.  They would of called it on us at the Betty, UND absolutely gets very little hometown calls for whatever reason but life on the road in BSC play is tuff.

Watching other close games on the buzzer beater channel I have from Midco, there are a lot of non calls in the last seconds so I wonder if the NCAA is telling the refs to let the kids decide the game not the refs.

When it gets down to the last minute and a half of a very tight game it is a real liability to have Bernstine in the game because you know what the other team is going to do.  Foul him.  It is just the reality of it.  But we lost that game  for more than one reason.

5 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

main problem was got killed on boards 43-27....hit a nice 11-13 from line.....shanks zero rebounds 3 turnovers...the dude has serious rebounding problems for a 7 ft 4th year junior

rebounding was brutal.  Shanks couldn't have played any worse than he did today.  Sadly his first 2-3 minutes wasn't that bad... once he got that offensive foul it was all over. I don't think Jones wanted to play Avants as much as he did but his hand was forced

After the weekend action: I have come to a glass half-full/half-empty approach

Half-full:  The other teams chasing us lost so they still hold a top 2 seed, still can win any game left on the schedule, Montana is two full games behind now. Bad games happen, Avants wasn't healthy  We will bounce back

Half-Empty: Still had enough talent where this shouldn't have happened.  Golden opportunity to gain a little separation and if all broke correctly all but locked up a top 3 seed by Valentines Day.  All they had to do was WIN!

Reality: 8 game left: 5 are at home.  Defend the home court, Meatloaf the last 3 road games and get to Reno 14-4 in conference play.  That should be good enough for a two seed.  Win out and you might get the one.

Avants wasn't near  healthy

that one hit he took to the chest was hard

altitude too was getting to players

alot of times walking back to the bench on substitutions yet jones was yelling at them to run back