SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC

AZSIOUX

No Jost means a guy like Wilkie has got to step up.  No more snake bit excuses.  He will likely get the chance to be in the top six forwards, so he needs to get on the score sheet.  

Tucker Poolman likely to see 30 plus minutes each night.  Big weekend for the three Freshman defensemen as well.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No Jost means a guy like Wilkie has got to step up.  No more snake bit excuses.  He will likely get the chance to be in the top six forwards, so he needs to get on the score sheet.  

Tucker Poolman likely to see 30 plus minutes each night.  Big weekend for the three Freshman defensemen as well.  

It just blows me away that a natural goal scorer like Wilkie has not even scored a single goal this season. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wilkie is at this point he is who he is as a college player. Gardner needs to figure it out soon.

I'd put the Euros with Boeser at wing and move Gardner to top centering line.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

After the layup he missed Saturday, I don't think Wilkie could score if his hair was on fire.

As a guy I know likes to say, " ... couldn't score with a twenty-dollar bill in a two-dollar whore house." 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No. The whole team needs to step up. What I saw last weekend is a team golfing in late March. 

I'll single out 4 guys specifically for this weekend..........Boeser, Wilkie, Gardner and Wolanin.  Now Boeser has been hurt but at some point "quality" players need to start playing to their potential.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

Don't be surprised if Tomek or Hrynkiw get at least one start this weekend. Cam has been dealing with an injury. 

How about UND puts out a list of players that are healthy.............that list would be shorter.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Don't be surprised if Tomek or Hrynkiw get at least one start this weekend. Cam has been dealing with an injury. 

Cam has been great for us over the last 2 years, but injury or the possibility of it is precisely why Hrynkiw or Tomek should have been getting some starts. 

My opinion, but I have to admit I trust our coaches' opinions a lot more.  

25 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

A little over half way through his soph season?  Come one.  I'm not saying he is ever going to light the world on fire but your comment is beyond premature.

......many were saying the same thing about Murphy.

If you are a "goal scorer" and have that label you should be able to at least finish the open net tap in from last Saturday right before the end of the 2nd period.  Wilkie has played in 54 collegiate games.......5 goals total and 2 of those goals came in one game. So............he has 3 goals in the other 53 games.  Premature? Hardly. Bowen has 4 goals in 24 games and he didn't come in as a "goal scorer".  If Wilkie scores from here on out it's a bonus. Gardner, Boesser, JJ, Pogo Gersich are some of the guys that need to produce this weekend for this team to win.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

......many were saying the same thing about Murphy.

If you are a "goal scorer" and have that label you should be able to at least finish the open net tap in from last Saturday right before the end of the 2nd period.  Wilkie has played in 54 collegiate games.......5 goals total and 2 of those goals came in one game. So............he has 3 goals in the other 53 games.  Premature? Hardly. Bowen has 4 goals in 24 games and he didn't come in as a "goal scorer".  If Wilkie scores from here on out it's a bonus. Gardner, Boesser, JJ, Pogo Gersich are some of the guys that need to produce this weekend for this team to win.

Murphy didnt stay long enough.  I also heard his work ethic was terrible.....rubbed the coaches the wrong way.  Murphy has 18 pts in 27 games for a terrible ASU team.  I'd take that right now.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nick and Drake scored last night. Any chance they could fill in for Jost and Ausmus tonight? 

Drake's goal was an effort goal that has been sadly lacking this year, one that starts all the way on the defensive end and pays out with a great finish.