SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC

AZSIOUX

UND (13-9-3 // 6-7-1-1 nchc) hits the road after getting worked by UMD both nights at the ralph. UND has lost 3 of 4 overall. UND is 7-6-2 at home, 5-3-1 road and 1-0-0 neutral. UND STATS

***UND has this series plus the following 4 to close the regular season...SCSU, atWMU, UNO, atMIAMI

***GERSICH 17 goals tied 3rd nation, leader at 22

***NCHC STANDINGS...SCSU and UMD have each played 2 more nchc games than the other 6. Those two play in the North Star cup this weekend with gophers / beavers. After this coming weekend all nchc teams will be at 16 games played with 4 series left each. 

CC (6-16-2 // 2-10-2-0) was swept at WMU and has lost 4 in a row. Last win was vs Duluth 5 games ago. Other 5 wins came at Umass, UNO, UNH along with Merrimack/Cornell at Florida tourney. CC has not won a game at home this season 0-9-0. CC STATS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS 1-22-2017

UND 11

CC 33 

NCAA STATS

NCHC STANDINGS

UMD 35 16gp

DU 29 14gp

WMU 23 14gp

UNO 22 14gp

UND 20 14gp

SCSU 19 16gp

MIAMI 18 14gp

CC 8 14gp

• Downvote 1

ok, I was pretty hard on the team in most of my posts this past weekend. That being said, I think pretty much any criticism given was deserved. The young players looked inexperience and outmatched. Cam looked way off, granted he had no defensive help. Gage looked slow and lost. Shaw was terrible, 2 assists on Sat.... for Duluth. All around, we looked like Omaha did against us. Guys were just standing around. Credit to Duluth, they kept UND in check and gave us no room to operate. They pretty much won every puck battle.

Looking forward, the team needs to forget about this past weekend, and focus on improving. The last time we almost missed the tourney was the 13-14 season. We had some ugly stretches during that season as well. I believe at about the same point in the season the team was sitting at (12-8-2) we are currently (13-9-3). Now we snuck into the tourney that year, but also made a run to the Frozen Four and even though we lost to the Goofs, we were playing Championship caliber hockey. If UND can get back on track this weekend, they have some very winnable series coming up.

Won't be a year we are fighting for a #1 seed, though that doesn't matter as quite as much, as we would be in Fargo, which is a pretty nice advantage. Need to start playing complete games and hit the NCHC tourney hot. That tourney hasn't been to kind to UND, but maybe that changes this year. Obviously, it would be nice to be in a position to get an at large bid without having to worry much; but I would definitely like to see us finally win that tourney and get the auto bid.

4 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Looks like the Saturday game is on the American Sports Network so guessing some other channels will pick that up for our viewing pleasure.

Speaking of American Sports Network, that is a network I wish Midco would pick up. During the Omaha game a few weeks ago, I watched some of their programming ads and they have a lot of good stuff on there (including college hockey).

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Last year we were swept in Denver, I was there and my Denver family was very obnoxious, but fortunately that was a turning point in the season. I am hoping this past weekend was a major wake up call. 

I imagine they were pretty quiet around 10pm CT on April 7th, 2016! :p;)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Speaking of American Sports Network, that is a network I wish Midco would pick up. During the Omaha game a few weeks ago, I watched some of their programming ads and they have a lot of good stuff on there (including college hockey).

Some people who work for Midco Sports Net wishes Midco the cable company would do the same.  Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the cable side of things and what the Sports Net side of things thinks is smart.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking for three tickets (tough number, I know) for next weekend's Saturday night game vs. St. Cloud if anyone has any they're trying to dump. 

Sorry for jamming up this week's match up thread, but I can't find any other thread that makes sense and I'm trying to get this out more than a week in advance. If there's an actual ticket exchange thread, please let me know. 

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm looking for three tickets (tough number, I know) for next weekend's Saturday night game vs. St. Cloud if anyone has any they're trying to dump. 

Sorry for jamming up this week's match up thread, but I can't find any other thread that makes sense and I'm trying to get this out more than a week in advance. If there's an actual ticket exchange thread, please let me know. 

There is an entire section for buying and selling tickets at the bottom of the UND Community forum. It has been very effective for me when moving tickets.

• Upvote 1