SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Well, apparently the Ralph isn't a tough place to play this year.

Granted their are high expectations after such a great season last year, and UMD is a great team, but there have been too many games like tonight. No passing ... just throwing the puck to areas rather than players. No flow to the game. Poor defense. It's tough hockey to watch.

5-3 final.  Duluth the better team again.  I'll make it quick

-Wolanin not good....uff

-Cam getting a case of the Zane bad goals?

-Paging Boeser?

-Starman off his game too, normally he's really on top of it. 

And the baby just crapped herself.......been one of those seasons.....:D

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Tough loss for the boys tonight.  They deserved to lose tonight though.  They need to regroup and bounce back tomorrow.  Even a split should help us in the PW.  Here's to cam getting that record tomorrow.

I wouldn't start him. 

If jost is out I'd put wolanin at forward and bump boeser to center on jost's line. Keep wolanin at the point on the PP. 

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Denver lost and UND loses another chance to make movement in the standings. It's always possible, but without a sweep this weekend, another Penrose looks doubtful.

Penrose is out of the question.  I'd just like home ice.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Tough loss for the boys tonight.  They deserved to lose tonight though.  They need to regroup and bounce back tomorrow.  Even a split should help us in the PW.  Here's to cam getting that record tomorrow.

Start Tomek. Maybe it sends a message to Cam. 

Records are worthless, unless you're playing like a guy who deserves them; right now he is not. Isn't getting defensive help, but playing poor as well.

• Upvote 1

Very disappointing effort tonight. This is the result you get when you play a good team and only a few guys show up ready to play. Very soft on pucks throughout the game and seemed like Duluth won every race. Would expect to see some changes in the lineup tomorrow. Smith isn't overly skilled but he plays a hard physical style and will play hard and that is more than some guys in the lineup bring consistently. Whether it is for Wilkie, Simonson, or maybe someone else I expect Smith to be in tomorrow. A bad goal for each goalie tonight would think Johnson will get the start tomorrow and he needs to be on top of his game. I did think the 3rd looked closer to Sioux hockey but even then it was too little too late.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Very disappointing effort tonight. This is the result you get when you play a good team and only a few guys show up ready to play. Very soft on pucks throughout the game and seemed like Duluth won every race. Would expect to see some changes in the lineup tomorrow. Smith isn't overly skilled but he plays a hard physical style and will play hard and that is more than some guys in the lineup bring consistently. Whether it is for Wilkie, Simonson, or maybe someone else I expect Smith to be in tomorrow.

Spot on.  I was shocked simo was in the lineup tonight. Not as shocked as rinks playing but still shocked.