SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Duluth

AZSIOUX

Just now, Biddco said:

Not really because you'd expect that out of a radio guy. A beat writer? Not so much. 

Ive known Brad since before he started at the Herald, honestly dont see the homerness? in him at all. He calls it like it is. Also dont understand the few certain Duluth fans obsession with him. Just my 2cents

1 hour ago, siouxstudent said:

Ive known Brad since before he started at the Herald, honestly dont see the homerness? in him at all. He calls it like it is. Also dont understand the few certain Duluth fans obsession with him. Just my 2cents

I'm not sure it's accurate to describe Hawks supporters as fans.  Hockey scholars is a more apt description.  

• Upvote 3

I honestly look at the Bulldogs fans criticism of Brad as jealousy.  While Matt Wellens is pretty good they don't have the level of coverage that we enjoy in Grand Forks. Also, they hate UND hockey and it's fans so by extension they rip on our beat writer. He could be the best college hockey writer in the country(btw he is) and it wouldn't matter. 

Have yet to hear a solid critique of his work by a Duluth fan. Brads won multiple awards from neutral parties so UMD fans whining is just sour grapes with no real substance.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I honestly look at the Bulldogs fans criticism of Brad as jealousy.  While Matt Wellens is pretty good they don't have the level of coverage that we enjoy in Grand Forks. Also, they hate UND hockey and it's fans so by extension they rip on our beat writer. He could be the best college hockey writer in the country(btw he is) and it wouldn't matter. 

Have yet to hear a solid critique of his work by a Duluth fan. Brads won multiple awards from neutral parties so UMD fans whining is just sour grapes with no real substance.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

There is not a better beat writer in college hockey than Schloss........period.

The dude won the Associated Press award for the best sports beat writer, period. Not just in college hockey. Not just in hockey. Period. Overall. He's a phenomenal writer.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Nailed it