SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Duluth

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Soooo can I paypal you $10 or whatever it is for one ticket? I would give you a fair percentage of the winnings if I won :)

Sure, I'll let you know which number was yours right after they draw!  Seriously, last year they said they couldn't determine the winner right away since there were so many entries, but then when I got to my car they said they already announced the winner.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Biddco said:

Interesting to know though that before UMD swept in October, the last time that happened was at the old Ralph in 1996. (IIRC) 

Seriously though I'd be really happy with split. This UMD team has come back to earth but I still have high hopes for them this year. 

The series in Duluth was some of the most lopsided play I've seen against UND. I've never turned a game off midway through and I almost did because it got so boring to watch as a UND fan. That and the color commentator sounded like a drunk fan.

Regardless, Duluth has looked really solid this year. I look forward to a competitive, back and forth, type of series.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

Sure, I'll let you know which number was yours right after they draw!  Seriously, last year they said they couldn't determine the winner right away since there were so many entries, but then when I got to my car they said they already announced the winner.  

That is really weird because doesn't each ticket have a unique number on it?

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

That is really weird because doesn't each ticket have a unique number on it?

Yeah, don't know if they just kept selling longer than usual since there were so many people wanting to get in on it. 

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The series in Duluth was some of the most lopsided play I've seen against UND. I've never turned a game off midway through and I almost did because it got so boring to watch as a UND fan. That and the color commentator sounded like a drunk fan.

Regardless, Duluth has looked really solid this year. I look forward to a competitive, back and forth, type of series.

I thought the one night that UND looked a lot better than they did the prior year when they swept Duluth but got outshot badly.  

3 hours ago, tnt said:

I thought the one night that UND looked a lot better than they did the prior year when they swept Duluth but got outshot badly.  

This is a really hot take. 

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Indeed it was. Our color guy is...not good. 

3 hours ago, tnt said:

9 minutes ago, Biddco said:

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Going to need oven mitts for that one, just out of the oven.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that one haha.

These teams are pretty equally matched, with UND having a little more elite talent (Boeser and Jost) but UMD being more seasoned.  They both play the game the right way.  Special teams will play a role.  UMD hasn't seen Jost and Boeser split...I don't follow the Dogs enough to know if they have two d-pairings that can shutdown guys who will score 20 goals in the show in a year or two...

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that one haha.

Getting outshot attempted 81 to 38 last year on Friday and 146 to 70 on the weekend is quite different than Saturday this year out attempting Duluth 62 to 46.  Yes shots don't mean everything, but they give an overview of territorial advantage.  Cam wasn't as lights out this year, but it doesn't mean they were great the year before. Remember, people were wanting Cam pulled because of 2 shorthanded goals that he gave up after we had a pretty good first half of the game, outshooting Duluth 24-14 after 2 periods, giving up only 2 shots in the first. They deflated a bit after the 2 short handed goals. Quite the contrast to his stretch of shutout hockey the year before. Regardless, I wasn't in the pull Cam camp.

Pretty excited for this series, but it is HUGE for UND. This is a chance to bounce back a bit in the pairwise, and start a run for a good seed in the NCAA tourney. After Union and smoking Omaha, I though this team was close to where they needed to be, but I really wanted to see another home sweep against Miami to solidify UND's progress.

Not to discount Miami's play, because they were relentless last Friday, but UND should NEVER give up 5 goals in a period. Especially when they are leading, with valuable points on the line. Miami took a page out of our playbook from Omaha, and did whatever they wanted, and nobody prevented it. That game, and that period, certainly don't dictate the story of our season, and the guys bounced back nicely on Saturday to not let it happen again, but they need to continue that this weekend. A home sweep against the ugly dawgs would huge, but more importantly, I want to see the team play 2 full games. They pretty much did everything else that they needed to do last weekend, except they took a period off. Looking for a much better series than we saw in Duluth.

Anyone else feel like the NCHC, and NCAA tourney should be starting up, with all this warm weather? Feels more like early March than January. I'll take it, but its kind of a bad tease since it isn't even Feb yet.

37 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Pretty excited for this series, but it is HUGE for UND. This is a chance to bounce back a bit in the pairwise, and start a run for a good seed in the NCAA tourney. After Union and smoking Omaha, I though this team was close to where they needed to be, but I really wanted to see another home sweep against Miami to solidify UND's progress.

Not to discount Miami's play, because they were relentless last Friday, but UND should NEVER give up 5 goals in a period. Especially when they are leading, with valuable points on the line. Miami took a page out of our playbook from Omaha, and did whatever they wanted, and nobody prevented it. That game, and that period, certainly don't dictate the story of our season, and the guys bounced back nicely on Saturday to not let it happen again, but they need to continue that this weekend. A home sweep against the ugly dawgs would huge, but more importantly, I want to see the team play 2 full games. They pretty much did everything else that they needed to do last weekend, except they took a period off. Looking for a much better series than we saw in Duluth.

Anyone else feel like the NCHC, and NCAA tourney should be starting up, with all this warm weather? Feels more like early March than January. I'll take it, but its kind of a bad tease since it isn't even Feb yet.

We were just saying the same thing! Got crazy excited for hockey with that talk!

16 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

We were just saying the same thing! Got crazy excited for hockey with that talk!

Haha, I know, right! Don't want to wish away the rest of the season, but the weather had me in NCHC Tourney, College Hockey Tourney, and College BBall March Madness mode.

12 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

These teams are pretty equally matched, with UND having a little more elite talent (Boeser and Jost) but UMD being more seasoned.  They both play the game the right way.  Special teams will play a role.  UMD hasn't seen Jost and Boeser split...I don't follow the Dogs enough to know if they have two d-pairings that can shutdown guys who will score 20 goals in the show in a year or two...

They have good dmen.  We'll need to get on the scoresheet early and get some greasy goals.

56 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm hoping there aren't any "missed" calls and the game is called right but the chances of that happening are about as good as the Sioux winning the next 10 national titles in a row

23 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=103860

Apparently Brad Schlossman didn't feel the same.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, well Brad got outsmarted by a coin in Tampa, didn't he. :)

Let's just say his prognostication skills have a little to be desired, but the stats he put forth didn't exactly scream out dominance by Duluth. 

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Let's just say his prognostication skills have a little to be desired, but the stats he put forth didn't exactly scream out dominance by Duluth. 

Haha, agreed. I like Brad, but the Duluth games were pretty tough to watch. Like I said before, some of that may have had to do with the awful color commentator. I actually felt bad for the play by play guy, because he sounded a little embarrassed on air.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Haha, agreed. I like Brad, but the Duluth games were pretty tough to watch. Like I said before, some of that may have had to do with the awful color commentator. I actually felt bad for the play by play guy, because he sounded a little embarrassed on air.

The games were tough to watch if you were in Amsoil too

22 hours ago, Biddco said:

Ciskie was fine, at the end of the game,  I think he even tried to tamper Billy Watson (I believe that was him) a bit.