SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Duluth

AZSIOUX

UND (13-7-3 // 6-5-1-1 nchc) split at home vs Miami this last weekend. UND had 3-1 leads both nights heading into the third. Friday was a trainwreck, Saturday they locked it down. UND 4-2 in their last six. 7th pairwise UND sports STATS uscho UND STATS

UMD (13-5-4 // 9-4-1-1 nchc) lost Friday and won in OT Saturday at home vs SCSU. UMD has 1 regulation win in their last 6 games (2-2-2) in that stretch. UMD has scored 11 goals over those 6 games with 4 of them coming Saturday nights ot win. 3rd pairwise UMD uscho STATS

***NCHC has 7 of 8 teams in top 21 pairwise. 3 teams in top 7. 5 in top 16. Miami at 22, CC at 34. 

***UMD swept UND in October 5-2, 3-0

***GERSICH tied 4th ncaa goals (16) leader at 21 

***GARDNER 66 pim leads team. Poganski (35) Jost (34) Ausmus (34) Hoff (20) and the rest are much lower. Casey Johnson 21gp with 0 penalty minutes. Yon with 2 pim in 26gp

***WILKIE 20gp only regular forward without a goal(6a). Gornall also without goal only 5gp

***UND has 3 point per game or better gersich 1.3043, boeser 1.2941, Jost 1.0952...poganski 0.82 Tpoolman 0.81

***UND total goals 77, opponents 53... UND PP goals 21, opponents 18...UND shorthanded goals 2, opponents 2 

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCAA STATS

NCHC STANDINGS as of 1/15/2017

UMD 29 - 14gp

DU 26 - 12gp

UND 20 - 12gp

UNO 18 - 12gp

WMU 17 - 12gp

SCSU 16 - 14gp

MIAMI 16 - 12gp

CC 8 - 12gp

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Series at UMD was boys vs men. Hopefully this team has grown up some. Got to at least get a split.

I think that UND could beat UMD twice, the Bulldogs are coming back down to earth right now. They just need to play their game and not take any shifts off. 

36 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think that UND could beat UMD twice, the Bulldogs are coming back down to earth right now. They just need to play their game and not take any shifts off. 

I think it would take more than that to get the sweep, goon.   Cam will have to stop some odd man rushes and we would need a few bounces or deflections.  The D's "game" just isn't what it was last year.   They can definitely do it, but if both teams are playing their game, it will take some breaks to win them both.   

This is definitely going to be a different series compared to earlier this year. Scoring is coming from more than just the top line and the younger guys on the team are starting to get acclimated to this level of hockey. Hoping for a sweep but feeling a split coming.

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

What you did there...I see it

Interesting to know though that before UMD swept in October, the last time that happened was at the old Ralph in 1996. (IIRC) 

Seriously though I'd be really happy with split. This UMD team has come back to earth but I still have high hopes for them this year. 

21 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Interesting to know though that before UMD swept in October, the last time that happened was at the old Ralph in 1996. (IIRC) 

Seriously though I'd be really happy with split. This UMD team has come back to earth but I still have high hopes for them this year. 

Neither team should be overly disappointed with a split. Neither PWR will be devastated. However, if UND wants a shot at the Penrose 5-6 pts would do wonders for our chances.