SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Can't say I have a strong opinion about Miami.  They along with Western Michigan don't really get my blood boiling.

I've appreciated Blasi's style and a few years ago when UND and Miami skated to a 5-5 tie (one Thanksgiving weekend if I recall) it was a high-energy, well-played game.

But a sweep would be nice to witness this weekend!  

I remember that game, it was before the formation of the NCHC if I'm not mistaken! Miami erased a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd. I believe BC was also in the tourney but can't recall the 4th team.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Since 03-04, Miami has only missed the NCAAs 3 times.  They also made consecutive Frozen Four appearances in 2009 and 2010.  So, while not a "dynasty" they have consistently been in the top 16 of college hockey.  

Knocking that performance is kinda petty- especially from the defending champs who've only missed the tourney once in 20 years, with 3 titles, and 11 frozen fours in that time period.  Kinda like Brad Pitt dissing the local homecoming king...we're better than that.

So, what's worse? Saying we're "better" than a fun conversation about picking on our current competition or knocking our current competition? Big, bad UND shouldn't bother with having fun, huh? C'mon!

It's all in fun, yzer. Other fan bases certainly have no problems ripping us.

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I remember that game, it was before the formation of the NCHC if I'm not mistaken! Miami erased a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd. I believe BC was also in the tourney but can't recall the 4th team.

Yup. Subway classic. I was at the game (with someone we know :D) and he woke up the next morning and said, all hungover, "Welp, at least the Sioux won last night." And I looked at him puzzled and said, "Dude, are you kidding? We tied 5-5." In his defense, this was back in the day of 32oz beers at the REA hahahaha. We were very busy that night. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #MACtion said:

We have 14 freshman this year.  We'll have our ups and downs.  Hopefully we'll be on the ups this weekend.

Good reading material to get ready for the weekend.  Hoping for exciting series.

Team of the Week      Miami     

Team of the Year        UND    

You need to watch that replay a couple posts back against Miami last year, most unselfish play in college hockey!!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, #MACtion said:

We have 14 freshman this year.  We'll have our ups and downs.  Hopefully we'll be on the ups this weekend.

Good reading material to get ready for the weekend.  Hoping for exciting series.

Good to have you posting here, MAC, and it's good to have Miami in the NCHC.     Yes, hoping for an exciting series.  One ending with a TCoS. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, #MACtion said:

And we had 11 last year and won a national championship. Just saying. January is the time where your team needs to stop saying "Well, we have 14 freshmen."

Bring it. Cheers, MAC :)

16 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Ohio State and Bemidji State were actually the other teams in that tournament.

• Upvote 1

While I'm pumping some of my video work with the NCHC... here's one I did on Miami's freshman goalie Ryan Larkin.

He joined the RedHawks in the spring semester last year as he was rehabbing from a season ending injury.  Gave him a bit of a head-start on familiarity with the Miami program:

http://www.nchc.tv/miami/video/miami-inside-the-nchc---miamis-ryan-larkin-1-4-17

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

While I'm pumping some of my video work with the NCHC... here's one I did on Miami's freshman goalie Ryan Larkin.

He joined the RedHawks in the spring semester last year as he was rehabbing from a season ending injury.  Gave him a bit of a head-start on familiarity with the Miami program:

http://www.nchc.tv/miami/video/miami-inside-the-nchc---miamis-ryan-larkin-1-4-17

Good stuff. I'm rooting for him.....

to get pulled 

• Upvote 3

On 1/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, bigskyvikes said:

That is quite the prediction! Have you ever asked this guy about it? Not sure how he even came up with this, I haven't heard much about Miami until they came to the NCHC and that isn't saying much.

That's a good idea. I just thought the article was funny. 

23 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yep, it was the Subway Classic during the 2009-10 season. UND, t-OSU, BSU and MU were in the tourney