SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

In regard to NCHC.tv early in the season it wasn't running very well for me but the last few games I watched it was flawless. I hope this trend stays.

It's been very good for me.  But I'm a very nice guy and deserving of such things.  

• Upvote 3

On 1/10/2017 at 0:31 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable :)

I think that anything less than a smackdown of the RedHawks is unacceptable. :cool:

Over the years, I have grown to dislike the Brotherhood. I cheered against them when they lost to BU in the Frozen Four. I remember this silly article in their student newspaper. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think that anything less than a smackdown of the RedHawks is unacceptable. :cool:

Over the years, I have grown to dislike the Brotherhood. I cheered against them when they lost to BU in the Frozen Four. I remember this silly article in their student newspaper. 

That is quite the prediction! Have you ever asked this guy about it? Not sure how he even came up with this, I haven't heard much about Miami until they came to the NCHC and that isn't saying much.

15 minutes ago, Goon said:

:blink: Wow, I don't know who I blame more for that piece of trash, the author, or the editor. Credit where credit is due, Miami has had some solid years (when they were in the CCHA), but they have been completely inconsistent ever since. I think they had 1 nice year in the NCHC. I don't mind Blasi as a coach, but they are by no means a dynasty type program. Not saying they can never get there, but the writer even states it (No Nat'l Championships). Meanwhile you have UND, Michigan, Denver, Minnesota, BU, BC etc. Who have far more history and can be considered more of a dynasty status.

Loved watching us beat them in 2014 ... 9-2!!! That was a fun one. I believe they had been ranked #1 earlier in the year too.

6 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

That is quite the prediction! Have you ever asked this guy about it? Not sure how he even came up with this, I haven't heard much about Miami until they came to the NCHC and that isn't saying much.

They had some good years in the CCHA, and were ranked fair high, even in those days. We just didn't play them all that much until the NCHC days.

They came to the Ralph in 2009 for the Subway Holiday Classic ranked #1, lost to #6 Bemidji, and tied with #4 UND. (Thats a heck of a tourney)

Sure, it's written by a college student but come on, it's still a terrible take. You're one of the best teams of all time?

"Miami has all the necessary components to becoming a dynasty in the world of collegiate hockey. With seniors Ryan Jones and Nathan Davis leading the team this year, students and fans might be witnessing the beginning of a team that will be talked about as one of the best ever in college hockey."  :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I put them in the same breath as Omaha. I don't like them because for some reason they've developed a tremendous chip on their shoulder but have virtually nothing to show for it. Win some titles, then check back in with me, will ya? 

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I put them in the same breath as Omaha. I don't like them because for some reason they've developed a tremendous chip on their shoulder but have virtually nothing to show for it. Win some titles, then check back in with me, will ya? 

Win a single title. That would be a good start. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure anyone is really getting worked up. The article is pretty funny though.

Agreed, it is funny. Let's check back in on how the dynasty is doing in 2017...

I just now noticed it was written 10 years ago... crazy.

I always thought the '14-15 Miami team that lost to Providence(eventual champions) in the 1st round was their best ever.

Coleman, Czarnik, Kuraly, Wideman, Barber to name a few.

That being said, they lead the NCHC in obnoxious celebrations. Methinks they amp it up a notch at The Ralph too.

Bring the pain UND

32 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed, it is funny. Let's check back in on how the dynasty is doing in 2017...

I just now noticed it was written 10 years ago... crazy.

I always thought the '14-15 Miami team that lost to Providence(eventual champions) in the 1st round was their best ever.

Coleman, Czarnik, Kuraly, Wideman, Barber to name a few.

That being said, they lead the NCHC in obnoxious celebrations. Methinks they amp it up a notch at The Ralph too.

Bring the pain UND

They can't have obnoxious celebrations if we don't let them score.... :cool:

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, #MACtion said:

Obnoxious celebrations will be sweeping through Grand Forks by Miami.  Gonna be great.

Why? You think that Omaha is going to get swept, allowing Miami to keep their tight grasp on 6th place? :p

Edit: That can't be it, because then CC would pass Miami.  Maybe you're hoping for 2 shootout wins for CC?

Since 03-04, Miami has only missed the NCAAs 3 times.  They also made consecutive Frozen Four appearances in 2009 and 2010.  So, while not a "dynasty" they have consistently been in the top 16 of college hockey.  

Knocking that performance is kinda petty- especially from the defending champs who've only missed the tourney once in 20 years, with 3 titles, and 11 frozen fours in that time period.  Kinda like Brad Pitt dissing the local homecoming king...we're better than that.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Since 03-04, Miami has only missed the NCAAs 3 times.  They also made consecutive Frozen Four appearances in 2009 and 2010.  So, while not a "dynasty" they have consistently been in the top 16 of college hockey.  

Knocking that performance is kinda petty- especially from the defending champs who've only missed the tourney once in 20 years, with 3 titles, and 11 frozen fours in that time period.  Kinda like Brad Pitt dissing the local homecoming king...we're better than that.

:silly: Why is it difficult to understand that those of who commented were not "knocking that performance" and instead questioning the label of 'potentially best college hockey team ever' or 'primed to become a dynasty'?

We're allowed to have nuanced discussions, no?

• Upvote 1

Can't say I have a strong opinion about Miami.  They along with Western Michigan don't really get my blood boiling.

I've appreciated Blasi's style and a few years ago when UND and Miami skated to a 5-5 tie (one Thanksgiving weekend if I recall) it was a high-energy, well-played game.

But a sweep would be nice to witness this weekend!  

28 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

:silly: Why is it difficult to understand that those of who commented were not "knocking that performance" and instead questioning the label of 'potentially best college hockey team ever' or 'primed to become a dynasty'?

We're allowed to have nuanced discussions, no?

Not difficult to understand- my response is also nuanced.  The nuance being while speaking positively of their program, I posted some facts reinforcing our greatness.