SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

UND (12-6-3 / 5-4-1-1 nchc) swept uno on the road this last weekend scoring 16 goals. UND has won 3 straight games. 7th pairwise UND STATS

MIAMI (7-8-5 / 3-4-3-1 nchc) swept SCSU in at home this last weekend. Miami has won 4 games in a row after starting off with just 3 wins in first 16 games. 28th pairwise MIAMI STATS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCAA STATS

I'm glad Miami showed up against SCSU. I figured UND would be fired up to go to "The Ralph: Omaha Edition". But they would also be primed for a let down coming home from there. Instead, Miami just put themselves firmly on the radar. UND now has no reason to look past Miami. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This must be a sweep. We have some ground to make up in league play. I do not care how well Miami is playing right now.

Agreed, this year there has been a lot of one step forward, one step back with their performances from weekend to weekend. This is the weekend to solidify themselves as a Top 8 team in the pairwise as well as for the first time since the very beginning of the season where I'd say they'd have a "good" record. Huge weekend!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Remember, Duluth has played 2 more NCHC games than us. So add another potential 6 points to our current points and that puts us at 23 to their 26 and Denvers 23. It's gonna be a dogfight.

Which is why I laugh when a few people were calling the Penrose Cup for either DU or UMD on Jan 1 with 2/3 of NCHC games left to play.

However, Denver will be the tougher of the 2 to catch since we don't play them again this year and they have the same # of games played as us.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Remember, Duluth has played 2 more NCHC games than us. So add another potential 6 points to our current points and that puts us at 23 to their 26 and Denvers 23. It's gonna be a dogfight.

But Denver has also only played 10 games, so if we're giving us two wins then gotta give Denver two wins and we're still down 6.  I'm guessing we finished 2nd behind DU.

5 hours ago, southpaw said:

But Denver has also only played 10 games, so if we're giving us two wins then gotta give Denver two wins and we're still down 6.  I'm guessing we finished 2nd behind DU.

Denver also owns the tiebreaker against us. 

20 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Which is why I laugh when a few people were calling the Penrose Cup for either DU or UMD on Jan 1 with 2/3 of NCHC games left to play.

However, Denver will be the tougher of the 2 to catch since we don't play them again this year and they have the same # of games played as us.

Goonie, would you say that rest of the way will be a ..... meat grinder?.... ;)

• Upvote 2