SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Ray77 said:

Maybe Jost wasn't out there because he left for Colorado. Didn't a certain poster on here with inside ties say he wasn't coming back form the WJC? I was actually surprised to see that he returned. I can only assume that as the score got out of hand he remembered that he wasn't supposed to come back, so he packed up and headed out to catch up with the Avs.

Or was it Boeser? If so, same principle applies with Vancouver. They probably both left.

If you're attempting to troll, you, my friend, are doing a darn good job.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Carl said:

My NCHC feed was perfectly fine the entire game, no issues. Having a good internet connection and decent hardware works wonders for having a solid stream.

I'm running latest generation AppleTV hard wired to a 65mbps internet connection.  Trust me, connection and hardware isn't an issue but the feed froze up and cut out halfway through the third.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I'm running latest generation AppleTV hard wired to a 65mbps internet connection.  Trust me, connection and hardware isn't an issue but the feed froze up and cut out halfway through the third.

I've got a NUC wired in with 120mbps internet through Midco in Rapid City, running nchc.tv through the browser. Usually works flawlessly, but this season has been an exception. About once a weekend it has some problem. Last night it cut out mid 3rd, and I switched to the NET broadcast which was amazing quality the rest of the game. 

Internet routing (maybe service issues) between our ISPs and the Neulion (or whoever hosts the nchc streams) could be causing the problems. I thought about doing a trace, but just wanted to get the game back. It sure is annoying. There's nothing I can do on my end, internet is working great. I'm not sure why it's so different than the last two years.

As far as the game, that was completely unexpected to see how well the team played with their two stars back. You'd think there'd be more of a feeling out process getting the lines back, but clearly not. The cycle leading to the second or third goal (Ausmus') was by the Bowen line, and was a thing of beauty. Omaha skaters weren't moving their feet for at least half the game, and und took advantage in the most emphatic way. Just awesome!

• Upvote 1

Hey Goon, any chance of footage that continued to show UNO's bench after the goalie change? The starting goalie came to the bench and walked right to Blais and tapped him on the shoulder, it looked like Blais was ignoring him, then the camera switched to something else. I was curious to see what happened if anything?

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Does anyone have another link to the highlights? I keep trying to watch the video posted on UND sports.com and it locks up on me.

Likely because law enforcement might be blocking that snuff film from public distribution, using it as evidence in their criminal investigation.  Oh my, was that a beat down.  I honestly don't like those games, tough to watch.  Let me be clear, no softening from me for the great Dean Blais and his boys.  UND really needs a sweep this weekend for NCHC standings and PWR cushion so there can be no letting up from the Kelly Green.  But, holy moly that's ridiculous.

I recall Saturday November 9th, 1996, Gophers pounded a Dean Blais led Sioux team 10-6.  Dean and team responded just fine that season.

taz

7 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I suspect that at least one of the data centers that neulion uses for content aggregation has connection issues. So it really comes down to luck of the draw. Are you streaming from a stable data center or an unstable one. I also suspect that neulion lacks anybody with sufficient technical acumen to detect and diagnose  this.