SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Loved the energy right from the drop of the puck. Jumped all over Omaha right away and didn't give them a chance to get back into it. Would expect a much better effort from Omaha tomorrow and probably a more physical style but if the guys bring the same energy and effort I don't think Omaha can skate with us consistently throughout the lineup.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Loved the energy right from the drop of the puck. Jumped all over Omaha right away and didn't give them a chance to get back into it. Would expect a much better effort from Omaha tomorrow and probably a more physical style but if the guys bring the same energy and effort I don't think Omaha can skate with us consistently throughout the lineup.

If UND plays with that energy and makes those subtle little plays all over the rink, there's not too many teams that will beat this squad. 

48 minutes ago, brianvf said:

It seems the boys have a new goal celebration routine...when they skate by the bench after the goal, they angle their wrist down all funny for the "handshake".
Just watching the goal replays on NCHC, and they all did it.

Wonder what the story is behind that.  :)

Could this possibly have some connection with the obviously successful wrist surgery on Boeser?

Time to bench Shaw. Only guy on the team to not have a point. We need a full team effort. Can't compete with that kind of garbage.

jk, Shaw played a great game. Fun to see a laugher like that everyone once in a while. You legitimately expect every shot to go in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

What's better roku - Chrome cast - sling ?

Does anyone use 25 ft hdmi cable ?

Sling is just an app on Roku that gives you some live cable TV. 

I prefer Roku because I use it for other things (netflix, sling, renting movies), but the delay for watching live sporting events sucks. I figured out it's for everything and not just the NCHC app because the delay was bad for the game last night too and the internet stream was even a couple minutes ahead.

You're almost better off hooking up the computer to the TV through HDMI.

• Upvote 1

What a great game to see in person.  UND was completely dominate in the first period and it seemed that Boeser felt he had to make up for lost time.  He was absolutely dominate as was the whole team.  UNO simply could not handle UND.  Also, it was embarrassing how many empty seats there were in the arena, yet only single seat tickets were available to buy.  UNO fans were saying that people are simply not supporting the team and attending the games.  I saw UNO fans walking out after the first period.

I  just hope tomorrow night is not a reversal of fortunes.  I don't think I saw Jost or Boeser on the ice in the third period.  Coaching is being careful with the two of them and letting others get the experience and ice time.

• Upvote 2

Surprised roku users are reporting issues. My feed last night via roku was flawless. The roku seems to delay the live feed by a few minutes which in my opinion fixes a lot of the buffering/freeze up issues I have seen pre-roku days on nchctv. The roku is also a much easier format to get to the game you want.

• Upvote 1

In a game like that there are always pucks and rebounds that just seem to want to go in the net.   But I don't have words for how unprepared Dean's team was to play last night.  Their game in the Dzone seemed just unprepared.  And it wasn't just the talent of Jost and Boeser. 

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Time to bench Shaw. Only guy on the team to not have a point. We need a full team effort. Can't compete with that kind of garbage.

jk, Shaw played a great game. Fun to see a laugher like that everyone once in a while. You legitimately expect every shot to go in. 

He did hit the post tho!

9 hours ago, Siouxman said:

What a great game to see in person.  UND was completely dominate in the first period and it seemed that Boeser felt he had to make up for lost time.  He was absolutely dominate as was the whole team.  UNO simply could not handle UND.  Also, it was embarrassing how many empty seats there were in the arena, yet only single seat tickets were available to buy.  UNO fans were saying that people are simply not supporting the team and attending the games.  I saw UNO fans walking out after the first period.

I  just hope tomorrow night is not a reversal of fortunes.  I don't think I saw Jost or Boeser on the ice in the third period.  Coaching is being careful with the two of them and letting others get the experience and ice time.

Maybe Jost wasn't out there because he left for Colorado. Didn't a certain poster on here with inside ties say he wasn't coming back form the WJC? I was actually surprised to see that he returned. I can only assume that as the score got out of hand he remembered that he wasn't supposed to come back, so he packed up and headed out to catch up with the Avs.

Or was it Boeser? If so, same principle applies with Vancouver. They probably both left.

• Upvote 1