SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Fair enough. Have to give the coaches credit for what they evaluate in person. They obviously see what they want in those kids.

Just getting anxious to see some more names and play makers pop up.

They have only had a couple complete misses so far. That happens everywhere. Their track record is strong enough for me to just trust even though I'd like to have 12 verbals by now.

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They have only had a couple complete misses so far. That happens everywhere. Their track record is strong enough for me to just trust even though I'd like to have 12 verbals by now.

Can't argue with that; like I said, just anxious for any football news at this point in the summer.

Really like the potential with this Rain Slater from Canada. Also impressed with a few other offers we do have out. I suppose some of these kids will wait to make there commitments until they can make their campus visits and maybe see a game.

Would really like to get Marquis Majors. Would also like to land Audette or Carette; if not both. Gotta keep beefing up that O line to get ready for the MVFC.

38 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can't argue with that; like I said, just anxious for any football news at this point in the summer.

Really like the potential with this Rain Slater from Canada. Also impressed with a few other offers we do have out. I suppose some of these kids will wait to make there commitments until they can make their campus visits and maybe see a game.

Would really like to get Marquis Majors. Would also like to land Audette or Carette; if not both. Gotta keep beefing up that O line to get ready for the MVFC.

Carette verballed to Air Force yesterday.

Just now, nodak651 said:

Could the slow recruiting class this year be a result of our recruiting coordinator leaving?  What does the recruiting coordinator do?

We had our earliest verbal of the Bubba era this year.  We have 5 commits right now and last year we had 4 as of July 25.

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

Get off the ledge please. Bubba is doing a fabulous job rebuilding this program. He is entering his 4th year at the helm. I don't think Roger Thomas was beating NDSU head-to-head in recruiting four years in either. I trust this coaching staff based on what I have seen so far.

Well, Roger Thomas NEVER beat NDSU in recruiting....so there is that.

It got to the point where NDSU considered replacing the turf in the Fargo Dome with paper since the Bison were always better on paper!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We had our earliest verbal of the Bubba era this year.  We have 5 commits right now and last year we had 4 as of July 25.

Good to know.  Guess it just seems slow this year do to how NDSU has been doing.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Yeah, personally I think the "slow recruiting" (my feeling too) has more to do with impatience for football season and football news than it has to do with actual slow recruiting.

trying to remember how we got quite a few big commits last year after the recruiting weekend, where recruits attended games. Or am I remembering that wrong?

43 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Maybe everyone should worry about our own program and maybe, just periodically, keep tabs on our rivals.  Just a thought.....

Hard to not see what they are doing with today's world of twitter and other social media.

• Upvote 1

I think it just seems slow because a lot more people are excited where this program is going, the hype is real, and we're all paying more attention and keeping closer tabs on recruits and the future. Have faith in the coaching staff, in guessing it's not easy to say no to Bubba and his crew, he makes the kids believe in what they're building. 

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Getting Audette would awesome.  Stood behind him at the spring game....big big put-together dude.   Love his hudl tape. 

31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I googled his name and a gopher message board popped up with someone saying they gave him a pwo offer in June.

Can't remember the name but we missed on another good OL to a gopher PWO offer last year. I think he was a lakeville kid.

Edit: Eric Rousemiller