SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wonder if having three commitments at this time is good or bad or if we shouldn't read into it?

The last several years our first verbals didn't roll in until late July.  We are fine. Just hard to live in the shadow of the AC right now. Grass is always greener around the septic tank, I always say.  :D

• Upvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, AJS said:

Another CO offer:

T Florian McCann III, 6'5", 270, Denver (Mullen), CO  Has offers from Montana, Weber State and UNC

Nice having the FCOA in your back pocket when you recruit against a handful of Big Sky schools

McCann has verballed to CSU.

Anyone have any insight on recruiting? I though we would see more offers out, considering both camps have wrapped up. Also a little curious about the last coupe guys that we have seen offers too. I know we recruit based on what our coaches see, not what other schools are recruiting them; but it is a little curious that we have put out offers to a few guys that only hold D2 offers. Yes, the Santiago only had one D1 offer argument can be made, but they can't all turn out like that either.

Seems like there are still some pretty good names in Minnesota that are available. Were some of these kids at our camp? Are the coaches just waiting to offer, until the in-season recruiting weekends? Seems somewhat risky to wait too long, when kids may have other options out there; especially high talent kids.

I trust Bubba and staff, just curious.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?State=MN

39 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I know we recruit based on what our coaches see, not what other schools are recruiting them; but it is a little curious that we have put out offers to a few guys that only hold D2 offers.

If it was a kid who was at a camp and then got an offer, then I have zero concern about what other offers the kid has. They are seeing those kids first hand against lots of other kids that UND (and other schools) has offers out to or is considering offering. Their judgement has been pretty good with kids from camps.

• Upvote 1

Lots of Kudos coming in for '18 OL verbal Rain Slater.

2018 OL Rain Slater is committed to North Dakota, but should have FBS offers. 6'4" 325, good feet. Dominated #nextlevelbound camp

Just started lifting and already country strong. Big time potential out of a small town in Manitoba (Canada) @TopProspectsCDN

Did a great job at camp. If he keeps working hard he will be in the NFL/CFL for sure

Saw him at the @EFTfootball @EDGYTIM event his spring. Good player.

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If it was a kid who was at a camp and then got an offer, then I have zero concern about what other offers the kid has. They are seeing those kids first hand against lots of other kids that UND (and other schools) has offers out to or is considering offering. Their judgement has been pretty good with kids from camps.

Fair enough. Have to give the coaches credit for what they evaluate in person. They obviously see what they want in those kids.

Just getting anxious to see some more names and play makers pop up.