SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

7 hours ago, Hambone said:

I believe this is a 2018 offer.  It appears UND has offered JUCO NG Wesley Jefferies from Feather River CC.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/2881167/Wesley-Jefferies

Strange HUDL video. Most of the plays are made as someone else makes the tackle OR as he's running down the field to catch the guy some would suggest he didn't tackle at the LOS.

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Strange HUDL video. Most of the plays are made as someone else makes the tackle OR as he's running down the field to catch the guy some would suggest he didn't tackle at the LOS.

I had the same feelings.  He has a couple plays where he's able to get extension off of the OLine and shed a block to get in on a play, but the overall feel was "look at my hustle towards the play".  Still a big body, hopefully the draw to him was him being a solid person and a character guy, because the film is less than impressive.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, siouxfan512 said:

I didn’t mean to be too brash. I agree facilities are important. They are. Though not as much as the proven commodity you put on the field, even given a crappy deck of cards. We had rotten luck with injuries this past year, but didn’t do ourselves any favors in HOW we played and adjusted to those injuries. If kid want to know how they will or will not be used, our play style does not boast confidence.

that being said it is always important to improve facilities and I am for it. BUT Bubba better have a tighter leash on Rudy this year. I would have liked Rudy gone after last season. If I see the same garbage again, I would like to see them both gone after this season. I’ve said before Bubbas chance to make a coaching change has come and gone. He made his decision and needs to be held accountable if it fails (again). I hope it succeed, but definitely needs to see some proof on the field.

This is very difficult. Professionally, how many chances have you been given? Bubba may have tried other options we are not aware of. I still stand behind the head coach.... but you are right, he is accountable. Just a new lead dog for the pack and everyone will need to feel him out.

GO SIOUX 

1 hour ago, shep said:

He is an interior defensive tackle at a juco.  Some highlights were to show how can run in space, others to show point of attack punch off the ball, others he made plays, others were to show he hustles to the whistle.  Not all positions turn out the same looking videos.

Screenshot_20180205-224452.thumb.png.49d3edd8ab24aa7f61acda8c75ce9b24.png here is an update on one of the 2018 recruits. Two interesting things: 2 Horizon League teams pushed hard for him to decommit in November and switch to basketball, and, he passed up playing in the Wisconsin football coaches association All Star game, to be on campus at UND in July

20180304_082006.png

20180304_083841.png

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

Screenshot_20180205-224452.thumb.png.49d3edd8ab24aa7f61acda8c75ce9b24.png here is an update on one of the 2018 recruits. Two interesting things: 2 Horizon League teams pushed hard for him to decommit in November and switch to basketball, and, he passed up playing in the Wisconsin football coaches association All Star game, to be on campus at UND in July

20180304_082006.png

20180304_083841.png

Maybe Jones can have him play some basketball

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Offer out to another kicker....

I am curious as well.  I would guess we have some concern about Leach's ability to step in as our PK next year.  It is also a little concerning that Jaeger hadn't been picked up by another team during one of the signing periods.

21 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I am curious as well.  I would guess we have some concern about Leach's ability to step in as our PK next year.  It is also a little concerning that Jaeger hadn't been picked up by another team during one of the signing periods.

He does/did have some d2 offers and a drake offer, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I’ve heard Leach has improved a ton for whatever that’s worth.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve heard Leach has improved a ton for whatever that’s worth.

The speed of the game takes time to get used to for many players, even kickers.  The amount of time allotted from snap to kick is much shorter than HS and the rush is much more intense.  At some point you adjust to the pace, your brain slows everything down and it becomes normal. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think we all know that the staff has desperately been trying to find a starter at tackle in JUCO or transfer. Looks like the found someone to whom they were willing to commit. Hopefully he’s a plug and play starter. A lot hinges on that tackle spot... if they get it nailed down I see an improved OL this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

I think we all know that the staff has desperately been trying to find a starter at tackle in JUCO or transfer. Looks like the found someone to whom they were willing to commit. Hopefully he’s a plug and play starter. A lot hinges on that tackle spot... if they get it nailed down I see an improved OL this year. 

Well he played DL last year so we’ll see how that works out for us.

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Welcome Wesley the last 2 O Line transfers were Colton Boas and Michael Coe and they turned out to be all conference type players. You and Rain Slater could be key additions for a quality O Line with some depth. Hope the guys already here have improved and have great years. And hope your all conference to.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, moser53 said:

Welcome Wesley the last 2 O Line transfers were Colton Boas and Michael Coe and they turned out to be all conference type players. You and Rain Slater could be key additions for a quality O Line with some depth. Hope the guys already here have improved and have great years. And hope your all conference to.

Except for Kevin Camy, a recent OL transfer who didn’t last a year, I love your post and I hope Wesley becomes all conference too. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Looks like a decent arm, mobile...and can throw on the run pretty well.  I know a lot of people were pretty concerned we didn't get a QB in this class initially.  I was a little concerned, but not totally freaked out.  If you didn't get the few you really wanted and put offers out to, I think it's better to wait and find one like this....then to just throw out an offer just to get one......knowing the guy probably can't truly play QB at the FCS level. 

• Like 1