Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AJS

2018 UND Recruiting

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Hambone said:

UND has offered OL Ty McCaskill, 6’5” 310 pounder from Mishawaka, IN. Originally committed to Illinois State, and also has an offer from Murray State.

https://ww.hudl.com/profile/5558264/ty-mccaskill

He plays mean. Always gave an extra shot after pancaking his guy. Not sure about the quickness and bend but he’s  big and has a mean streak for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so with this being the first year of the split signing days it might be tougher to answer, but should we expect any more commits for awhile? or not until a lot closer to the signing day?  Also, I like seeing offers, but does new offers at this point in the game mean we are giving up on others already offered who might be potentially better or are we just finding these guys and deeming them worth an offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

so with this being the first year of the split signing days it might be tougher to answer, but should we expect any more commits for awhile? or not until a lot closer to the signing day?  Also, I like seeing offers, but does new offers at this point in the game mean we are giving up on others already offered who might be potentially better or are we just finding these guys and deeming them worth an offer?

I would think that we could hear of more commitments at any time. Regarding new offers as they relate to older offers. I am sure some of the older offers have been rescinded but I would guess we would still be happy as heck to land some of prospects offered prior to the early signing date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I would think that we could hear of more commitments at any time. Regarding new offers as they relate to older offers. I am sure some of the older offers have been rescinded but I would guess we would still be happy as heck to land some of prospects offered prior to the early signing date. 

I didn't mean to say we wouldn't be happy with these new prospects, but to put it in terms of my golf game would the older offers be considered a Birdie compared to the new offers as a Par?? I'm still happy with both, just happier with one over the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Gopher LB transfer should be announced this week, I believe he’s attending class this semester.  

I heard the gopher transfer is a graduate transfer.  Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's definitely got the size that UND needs at ILB, based on previous drop downs, what can we expect? Like JJ, he was buried on the depth chart, but did get some action his Freshman / Sophomore year.

This ILB group needs depth, which he will bring, but where is the expectation that he fits in? Starter playing besides Rodgers?, #3 guy, #4?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJS said:

He's definitely got the size that UND needs at ILB, based on previous drop downs, what can we expect? Like JJ, he was buried on the depth chart, but did get some action his Freshman / Sophomore year.

This ILB group needs depth, which he will bring, but where is the expectation that he fits in? Starter playing besides Rodgers?, #3 guy, #4?

Got a start his freshman year against Iowa replacing a guy who was suspended for a half and filled in fine. Gophers LB group has been very good and he just got lost in the shuffle. Last couple years I don't think he saw any defensive snaps but played on most special teams units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Anyone have any idea what potential recruits were on campus this weekend?

I know there were a couple '19 OL on campus:

Kyle Downs, 6'3", 260, Monticello (Monticello), MN

Cody Smith, 6'4", 250, Eagan (Eagan), MN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I know there were a couple '19 OL on campus:

Kyle Downs, 6'3", 260, Monticello (Monticello), MN

Cody Smith, 6'4", 250, Eagan (Eagan), MN

Thanks. After your post I did see that already committed Garrett Maag made an official visit. (Via Undfootball360) He also made a mention to recently offered Marcus Vaughn Jones being there. I'd be happy with this get at this point. Got excellent size and watching his Hudl I feel like he has good ball skills. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, UND Fan said:

Not sure if this offer was posted earlier:

Ath Eric Mooney, 6'1", 190, 4.6, Huntley (Huntley), IL  Has offers from Cornell, Fordham, SIU, UNI, USD & Wofford

Mooney will attend UNI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×