SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

37 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Maybe as a PWO? But I don’t think as a scholarship. Usually they show up on list of interest even as a PWO.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Noah-Larson-93102/RecruitInterests

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/noah-larson-17489

That's only if the offers are reported by the kid - which he really didn't report much after he committed to UND.  I know he had some MAC offers, and a decent amount of MVFC offers, but don't know for sure about the two listed above.

49 minutes ago, Hambone said:

That's only if the offers are reported by the kid - which he really didn't report much after he committed to UND.  I know he had some MAC offers, and a decent amount of MVFC offers, but don't know for sure about the two listed above.

Moral of the story he was more than likely not offered by either.

In terms of recruiting a particular state....Im going to use gopherhole as reference to Minnesota recruits. Not sure if they are a reputable site or not.   Minnesota has been predominantly UNDs biggest state for recruits.   I will use the 2015,16,17 and next years 2018 classes 

In four years, of the possible top 40 (top 10 of each years class), UND has offered only 6 of those.  Zero recruits. Of the #11-20 range , UND has offered 9....zero recruits. So they offered 15 of the possible top 80 players in four years and zero recruits  

All together they offered 47 of the top 200 (4years) and received 20 LOI.  So 20 of the top 200 (10%) attended UND and 20 of 47 offers signed with UND. Of the signees ....only two( helgren, Ott) had multiple D1 offers and only three others had one D1 offer other then UNDs. 

They need to step it up in Minnesota.  Time to think big time.  They didn't even pursue Trey lance.  A stud qb in your backyard and don't even make an attempt!?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

In terms of recruiting a particular state....Im going to use gopherhole as reference to Minnesota recruits.  Minnesota has been predominantly UNDs biggest state for recruits.  Not sure if they are legit site or not?     I will use the 2015,16,17 and next years 2018. 

In four years, of the possible top 40 (top 10 of each years class), UND has offered only 6 of those.  Zero recruits. Of the #11-20 range , UND has offered 9....zero recruits. So they offered 15 of the possible top 80 players in four years and zero recruits  

All together they offered 47 of the top 200 (4years) and received 20 LOI.  So 20 of the top 200 (10%) attended UND and 20 of 47 offers signed with UND. Of the signees ....only two( helgren, Ott) had multiple D1 offers and only three others had D1 offers other then UNDs. 

They need to step it up in Minnesota.  Time to think big time.  They didn't even pursue Trey lance.  A stud qb in your backyard and don't even make an attempt!?  

He would have fit this system like a glove.

I understand that an offer is a public way of knowing who a team pursues, but couldn't a team pursue a kid, get the vibe that he's not interested and then decide it's not worthy of making an offer to him?

I suspect some of this is exactly what has been noted above, lots of offers mean lots of rejections. Perhaps a team doesn't want to "waste" an offer on a kid it knows won't come here in order to keep the rejection rate down.

23 minutes ago, shep said:

I understand that an offer is a public way of knowing who a team pursues, but couldn't a team pursue a kid, get the vibe that he's not interested and then decide it's not worthy of making an offer to him?

I suspect some of this is exactly what has been noted above, lots of offers mean lots of rejections. Perhaps a team doesn't want to "waste" an offer on a kid it knows won't come here in order to keep the rejection rate down.

If thats the case, how could you explain ndsu recruits getting on average, way more offers?

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

The simple answer is we are not at the level that we need to be, recruiting wise.  We need phase 2 in order to be competitive with the top of fcs recruiting.

We need a play off run....lots of them, to me that is more important.  EWU I don't think has great facilities.....look at some of the recruits they get.  Kids go there because they know they are usually really good....particularly if you are a QB or a WR.   Phase 2 will certainly help, but that isn't happening next year.  We need to win...... next year......to turn the perception of our program around.  That is the quickest way to turn things around.  Our coaches need to out coach the other coaches, and the players need to out play sometimes superior players. Not sure Rudy is able to out coach anybody, but if we get an OL maybe he can do something. 

3 hours ago, shep said:

I hope the coaches aren't like that.  They do not work a 9-5 job...they should be working 24/7.  There is no such thing as a wasted offer!  Keep pursuing! A salesman never gives up when someone doesn't seem interested. You keep selling your goods....UND has a lot of goods to sell.  UND needs to think big.

By offers only....they have been sliding away from Minnesota each year ....sad!  They have folded and given first rights to ndsu and other regional schools.  This pisses me off like no other.  Und offered 14 in 2015, 13 in 2016, 11 in 2017 and 9 for 2018.  They should be offering 20-30 Minnesota kids a year.   The team to the south built their dynasty by recruiting Minnesota.  A ton of talent there and UND needs to capitalize on it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

I would have to say there is not a "move on "classification on their site.  I will look into it for you  

Was bruner recruited by Iowa? 

Appears he was yes and even offered by them when he was a sophomore.  Suddenly he signs with UND.  I'm connecting the dots, you do what you like as well.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Appears he was yes and even offered by them when he was a sophomore.  Suddenly he signs with UND.  I'm connecting the dots, you do what you like as well.

Why were you salty when I asked UND biz if he knew why he backed out of his commitment ?  Seems very personal to you. 

12 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Why were you salty when I asked UND biz if he knew why he backed out of his commitment ?  Seems very personal to you. 

Because unlike other schools that fabricate offers, we like to call it like it is.  It's very apparent Iowa moved on and told him to look elsewhere  for whatever reason.  Their loss is our gain, I love the kid.  Heck of a player.

• Upvote 1