SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

I don't think the coaches value the Clive Georges type over the tall, possession-type guys.  McKinney, Griebel, and Adeoti compared to Pifer, Lindgren, Bartosh, Stanley, Wanzek, Erbes, Toivonen.  This years WR recruits [Maag (6'5"), Burian (6'4"), and Sickler (6'2")] appear to be in the possession mold also.  Not saying I agree, just an observation.

17 minutes ago, ajries18 said:

I don't think the coaches value the Clive Georges type over the tall, possession-type guys.  McKinney, Griebel, and Adeoti compared to Pifer, Lindgren, Bartosh, Stanley, Wanzek, Erbes, Toivonen.  This years WR recruits [Maag (6'5"), Burian (6'4"), and Sickler (6'2")] appear to be in the possession mold also.  Not saying I agree, just an observation.

We wouldn't want to score too quickly. ;)

• Upvote 2

I don't mind long, rangy possession receivers, but you need at least one guy that can stretch the field vertically, no matter what offensive system you play. If there is no true deep threat, defenses will be free to cheat up and make life difficult for the rest of your offense. 

30 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I don't know how good the recruiting went until geaux_sioux and gundy1124 tell us how well it went!

Still computing my data.  Then, have to stick data into my statistical hypothesis before reporting 3 scenarios of confirmatory data analysis.  These things take time.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Would like to see 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 burner WR, 1 Safety, and 2 ILB to round out the class at 26+.  Hopefully there are still some solid prospects out there after this early signing period.

This wish list looks pretty good.  I'd also love to find a OL swiss-army knife transfer in the mold of Michael Coe.  Would be huge to push the young guys, or step in and play if they aren't ready.  Anyone have any idea what would be the max number of kids we could add before the roster is full?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SkoHawks said:

This wish list looks pretty good.  I'd also love to find a OL swiss-army knife transfer in the mold of Michael Coe.  Would be huge to push the young guys, or step in and play if they aren't ready.  Anyone have any idea what would be the max number of kids we could add before the roster is full?

In the chat, they said they're looking to bring in 25-28 this year.  I believe we're at 20 right now.

16 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

6' 3" 247 lb inside linebacker... could have used him this year!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jaylen_waters_950241.html

Thats awesome. As long as we can stay health, all of a sudden the position looks deep. Larson, Rodgers Waters. Am I missing anyone? That seems like some pretty solid depth inside.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thats awesome. As long as we can stay health, all of a sudden the position looks deep. Larson, Rodgers Waters. Am I missing anyone? That seems like some pretty solid depth inside.

Our Honorable Mention All American, Rastas, although he needs a huge off season if he's going to play with or ahead of some of these other guys.

So Waters is signing??

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Our Honorable Mention All American, Rastas, although he needs a huge off season if he's going to play with or ahead of some of these other guys.

So Waters is signing??

I must have misread and earlier post. I thought I read that he did sign, but it looks like one of the gopher LB is expected to sign. Regardless, getting a B10 LB  is valuable depth.

And yeah, forgot to mention Rastas. Regardless, I just hope this team can stay healthy, because there are some talented players on the roster.

... Still ticked at Okpoko.

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Cam Hunt....had some pretty good flashes when he was healthy toward end of the year, and who Tom Miller projected on the signing day show to start alongside Rodgers next year.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I must have misread and earlier post. I thought I read that he did sign, but it looks like one of the gopher LB is expected to sign. Regardless, getting a B10 LB  is valuable depth.

And yeah, forgot to mention Rastas. Regardless, I just hope this team can stay healthy, because there are some talented players on the roster.

... Still ticked at Okpoko.

You mean about?