SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

6 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Another OL JC offer:

OG Mitchell Kay, 6'4", 300, Long Beach (Long Beach CC), CA

Unfortunately, this is another kid whose first offer is from us!  Scary!  

I hope it's just because he's been running under the radar and not because we're so desperate that we offer whatever will look at us.

14 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Average Football U. 

I'd like leadership and us, the supporters, to eventually entertain changing that. 

Again, you got us-we just want to be an average team.

Allow me to express my thoughts on expectations. I was all in on getting rid of Hakstol before he left. Posters defending him, kept talking about the final fours. I didn't care about final fours, I expected UND hockey to win titles.

I expect UND football to win titles. Hockey fans were willing to wait on Hak because he kept getting them close. I believe Bubba and crew will be getting football close too, but Hak had to follow Gino and Blaise. We are in the Gino phase of UND football. Not gonna happen easily with SU either, but you guys who want to get rid of Bubba after an injury bad year, don't care.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Why are we recruiting  juco OL from California in year 5 of the this staff's tenure?  Juco OL never pan out and they sure don't from CA.

I agree whole heartily with this.     I see no reason we should need juco's or FBS transfers.    I keep hearing how good NDSU is, and they   never seem to go the transfer route.  

3 minutes ago, TRex said:

I agree whole heartily with this.     I see no reason we should need juco's or FBS transfers.    I keep hearing how good NDSU is, and they   never seem to go the transfer route.  

Kinda have to go with the transfer route right now with how the roster looks

But yes, juco OL from CA shouldn’t be what we are recruiting this far into Bubba’s tenure 

2 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Kinda have to go with the transfer route right now with how the roster looks

I rather go with good long term help.    I not convinced we gain much from transfers.    Recruit high school kids and develop them to fit our needs, it's far better over the long haul.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TRex said:

Once we have program depth like them we will get to be extremely particular about transfers like NDSU is. We need some at DB LB & OL or we will keep wasting players by throwing them in the fire before they’re ready.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Once we have program depth like them we will get to be extremely particular about transfers like NDSU is. We need some at DB LB & OL or we will keep wasting players by throwing them in the fire before they’re ready.

I agree.  If the player makes us better, then grab him.  But we have missed a lot on transfers.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Depth will take care of many things!

On 7/18/2017 at 5:28 PM, dmksioux said:

UND gets commitment #4 to Class of 2018 from Griffin Lickfeldt of Westfield, IN. 6'1.5"-250. Projects as a NG.

The SiouxFootball Twitter account re-tweeted something from these folks (about no Christmas card or something). 

Looking at the picture, I flew on the same flight as Griffin and his dad (a PhD) on a Sunday morning in October.