SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

48 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

I'd like to see a JUCO tackle and interior OL brought in. It looks like the coaching staff agrees.

If that's what it takes to get the offensive line back to the standard it needs to be at, so be it. 

Anyone know what happened to CAS (the Bison fan who used to haunt here)? We didn't always agree, but we agreed that offensive line play was the most reliable indicator of how well a team was going to perform. 

7 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Wasn't Michael Coe a JUCO transfer?   He seemed to work out pretty well.

EDIT:  Nevermind...I see now that he was a DII transfer.  

He was good.  Only lineman that could push a defender consistently that year(what I was told).  He played for Luke at a DII school, tore his peck and sat out that year, then became a DII grad transfer.  

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

He was good.  Only lineman that could push a defender consistently that year(what I was told).  He played for Luke at a DII school, tore his peck and sat out that year, then became a DII grad transfer.  

We need more guys built like him. An absolute tank with quick feet heavy hands and long arms.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, UND Fan said:

Two new offers:

DE Zach Petersen, 6'5", 225, Eldridge (North Scott), IA  Has offer from IL

WR/DB Rico Payton III, 6'2", 180, St. Louis (Lindbergh), MO  Has offer from SIU (some sources have him already committed to SIU)

Payton has confirmed he will attend SIU.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, The Sicatoka said:

If that's what it takes to get the offensive line back to the standard it needs to be at, so be it. 

Anyone know what happened to CAS (the Bison fan who used to haunt here)? We didn't always agree, but we agreed that offensive line play was the most reliable indicator of how well a team was going to perform. 

It appears he's still around and working.  Not sure why he gave up tormenting us from time to time.

On December 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Got a new gig in Traill County, from what I hear. Don't know if he is double dipping and still has the Steele County one too. Might be too busy to haunt old stomping grounds. ;)

ffensive Guards (1)

Rain Slater, 6'3”, 315, 5.1, Winnipeg (St. Johns), MB

Offensive Tackles (1)

Matt Waletzko, 6'8“, 310, 5.6, Cold Spring (Rocori), MN (2 Star - 247)

O

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I like the three we have but we need a couple more. Not necessarily fr if we can find a good transfer. Same goes for LB and DB.

Only see two on wiki. Who is the third? Agree with you about a transfer. Preferably a FBS drop down but another Michael Coe would be good. 

Just now, GoHawks said:

ffensive Guards (1)

Rain Slater, 6'3”, 315, 5.1, Winnipeg (St. Johns), MB

Offensive Tackles (1)

Matt Waletzko, 6'8“, 310, 5.6, Cold Spring (Rocori), MN (2 Star - 247)

O

Only see two on wiki. Who is the third? Agree with you about a transfer. Preferably a FBS drop down but another Michael Coe would be good. 

The Italian TE is coming here to play OL.

Maag, Slater, Bruner, Siegel are my favs of this class so far, but c'mon let's get a quality scholly QB!!!  I understand a scholly QB isn't relevant if Boltmann is a stud, but I'd rather have a backup plan.  If you recruit a scholarship QB every year, you realistically would only need to hit on a QB like 1 in every 3 years, and worst case, you got better QB play because the backups are always pushing the starter.

• Upvote 2