SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

A lot of invites to junior day. How many of these kids usually show up? When will a list be made available?

Would it be fair to expect quite a few offers to be issued that day, or shortly there after?

I am sure the % of invitees who attend varies each year. This is only a guess but I would 2/3 of them attend. Many who don't attend would like to but they have conflicts.  This year it is on Good Friday - not sure if that is a good or bad thing. An offer or two might be made for a kid they absolutely know they want but most offers are made after the summer camps. 

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

A lot of invites to junior day. How many of these kids usually show up? When will a list be made available?

Would it be fair to expect quite a few offers to be issued that day, or shortly there after?

You also asked about a list.  UND won't publish a list so we will need to rely on SFI, Miller, etc. for info regarding who will attend.

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of positive posts from a bunch of prospects who attended today's Jr. Day.  Three known offers:

LB Seth Benson, 6'1", 190, Sioux Falls (Washington), SD

TE Cormack Sampson, 6'5", 225, Eau Claire (Memorial), WI

WR Blake Veargis, 5'9", 145, Miami (Norland), FL. Has 15+ offers

There will be a bunch of new prospects added to Wiki tomorrow.

Hunter Sand was there. Plays QB and Safety for Lakota-Dakota Prairie. They are recruiting him to play Safety. 

Really good all around athlete. 1,200+ career points through his junior season. Plays ECI basketball, also is an all region shortstop in high school and legion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, UND Fan said:

New offer, his first:

Josh Aune, 6'1", 195, 4.5, Virginia (Secondary), MN  (3 Star - 247)

Now has offers from Northern Iowa, SDSU & Montana State along w/ UND

16 hours ago, AJS said:

Now has offers from Northern Iowa, SDSU & Montana State along w/ UND

Nice to get the first offer out to some of these kids. Recruiting early can be a big factor. I believe that is part part of why Ott stuck with UND, even though he had a bunch of offers.

21 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nice to get the first offer out to some of these kids. Recruiting early can be a big factor. I believe that is part part of why Ott stuck with UND, even though he had a bunch of offers.

Absolutely, getting in first and building a relationship is crucial when a player ends with multiple scholarship offers.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, AJS said:

New offer, his third:

QB , FS Jackson Enz, 6'1", 185, 4.6, Big Foot High School, Walworth, WI 

Other offers from Northern Iowa and Western Illinois 

UND offered 2nd, now Enz is up to 7 offers. Along with the UNI and Western Illinois, also Indiana State, Illinois State, SDSU and NDSU 

5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Another

SF David Reddy, 6'4", 240, Mpls (Breck), MN

I sure like the 240 lbs - he wouldn't be pushed around!  

Is there a link for this kid? I don't see anything on twitter, and nothing from a google search either.