SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

14 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Quality not quantity.  - UND getting all these great gets that all of the MVFC and BSC missed.  Great job guys

So UND is going to miss on all these recruits they've evaluated in-person? Get a grip man. Must be extra pungent in Northside Fargo this morning. 

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Quality not quantity.  - UND getting all these great gets that all of the MVFC and BSC missed.  Great job guys

There are two things that don't last in this world, pro golfers that put for pars and football coaches who value recruiting stars.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

If I was a head coach/recruiting coordinator it would be the very odd recruit that i would ever offer that I had not seen compete in at camp or in a game.  There is an incredible amount of bs in recruiting and most of the guys doing the evaluating for the sites, handing out stars and ratings and creating the hype, never played and are in the position because they can write.  There are a few can't miss guys at the very very top, but the rest, you better evaluate in person.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

You mean like Carson Wentz who all the Major colleges missed on!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hambone said:

Re: Rain Slater.......good article.

http://topprospects.ca/blog/next-level-bound-top-performers/

Believe he camped at Minnesota this past weekend and reports were he was pretty solid. Don't see anything but a PWO that would come from Minnesota though with them already having 4 OL commits and only a couple slots left open for the '18 class.

11 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Oppedal received a Gopher PWO over the weekend and committed to them today.

Impossible. NDSU trolls were criticizing how we had offered some kids that only had D2 offers thus far. So how could the kid be any good, let along get an FBS look?

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

That's a big boy. Instantly nicknamed the mountain? I really like that he finishes every block and if I guy try's to get back up he burries them in the dirt. That's not something everyone has in them.

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That's a big boy. Instantly nicknamed the mountain? I really like that he finishes every block and if I guy try's to get back up he burries them in the dirt. That's not something everyone has in them.

Mountain!  I love it!  He's got the physical attributes, now if he's got the feet and the technique to match, he could be another good one for Knauf's Silverbacks. The future looking bright: Tobin, Mortel, Helgren, Russo, Prine, Kruse, Slater and now Walezko.... did I forget anyone as far as the young guys?

59 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Mountain!  I love it!  He's got the physical attributes, now if he's got the feet and the technique to match, he could be another good one for Knauf's Silverbacks. The future looking bright: Tobin, Mortel, Helgren, Russo, Prine, Kruse, Slater and now Walezko.... did I forget anyone as far as the young guys?

Not sure how they're doing, but Nguon and Jenkins.

5 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Not sure how they're doing, but Nguon and Jenkins.

Yup..those are the ones, and throw Rooney in there too.  Nguon is doing really good!  He centered a line of young dudes today that had tremendous surge from the LOS.