SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO

AZSIOUX

18 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If you're keeping score at home, since UNO has become a program in 97-98(right after our 6th national championship):

National Championships - UND 2 Omaha 0

Regular Season Conf Champs - UND 8 Omaha 0

Conf Tourney Champs - UND 5 Omaha 0

Frozen Four Appearances - UND 10(No banners raised) Omaha 1(banner raised)

NCAA tourney appearances - UND 18 Omaha 3

Head to Head Matchup - UND 12-7-1  UNO 8-12-0(because their fans still think the shootout win counts as a win)

But keep throwing in your shots at "Nowhere, North Dakota" when Omaha is mostly known for 'Not being the home of the Huskers' and being the epicenter of drug trafficking in the US.

I might be mistaken but didn't we raise a banner for our "frozen four appearance/ annihilation" this past fall???

banner.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Also seeing this game is on the American Sports Network. Wonder if there is a way to pick that one up somehow...

Saturday's game will be shown on wday/z xtra. 592 on midco, I think, or maybe 596, although my guide shows basketball there, 592 shows tba

15 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

100% agree. That effort and grit that the boys showed in Schenectady coupled with the return of Boeser from injury and Jost from the WJC.... it's on. Feeling good.

I sure hope so, because I'm already dropping hints to my wife that we should look at taking a trip to Chicago this Spring. I'll just keep planting the seeds.

36 minutes ago, sprig said:

Saturday's game will be shown on wday/z xtra. 592 on midco, I think, or maybe 596, although my guide shows basketball there, 592 shows tba

Also see it listed on Directv now in the 600s cant remember the exact channel but its on there if you have the sports package

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, SiouxSherm94 said:

Don't wanna be too serious, but honestly every game means everything during the second half. Can't get caught slippin' now. especially by a team lesser in the pairwise.

Agreed. Hence the reason I will cuss and cheer each Friday and Saturday night and let the outcome affect my mood.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I always liked Blais, he also fit into the community.

Would be cool if he came back to have some sort of association with UND Hockey, once he is done in Omaha. Not necessarily a coach, but you would have to think they could find some way of working him in at the University, that would be beneficial to the school. I guess a lot of that depends on how involved he wants to be, or how much/little he would want to work in retirement.

22 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Would be cool if he came back to have some sort of association with UND Hockey, once he is done in Omaha. Not necessarily a coach, but you would have to think they could find some way of working him in at the University, that would be beneficial to the school. I guess a lot of that depends on how involved he wants to be, or how much/little he would want to work in retirement.

Goalie Coach

• Upvote 1

Found this on UND game notes 

Saturday’s game will be telecast live nationally by American Sports Network and will be picked up locally in the Grand Forks viewing area by WDAY’Z Xtra.

So maybe Grand Forks will get hockey game while rest of state gets NDSU Turd BB….55 inches of snow in Minot and just our luck to get this scenario…NDSU BB over UND hockey…..

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Yep, there is a game on ASN, which fortunately I get in Mpls. I love the second half of the season, about half of the games are actually broadcast on tv. 

Though the NCHC.tv app on my Roku has been awesome! Just wish there was an app for basketball and football.

What Television provider do you have and what channel number do you show ASN as in the TC metro?