SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, sprig said:

There is no Midco 615 on my guide

1 hour ago, Upper Deck said:

FYI, KSTC 45 from the Twin Cities shows the UND/UNO game on their schedule for Saturday night (chnl 615 on Midco).

Also seeing this game is on the American Sports Network. Wonder if there is a way to pick that one up somehow...

3 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Also seeing this game is on the American Sports Network. Wonder if there is a way to pick that one up somehow...

Yep, there is a game on ASN, which fortunately I get in Mpls. I love the second half of the season, about half of the games are actually broadcast on tv. 

Though the NCHC.tv app on my Roku has been awesome! Just wish there was an app for basketball and football.

15 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

So, are we better off using this free site, or going the nchc.tv route? Anyone know?

The NET stream is always high quality. No need to waste money on nchc.tv (unless you are already signed up of course). The NET color and play by play guys probably won't be up to your standards, but it's a solid production overall.

19 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Yes,yes they do. Image result for baxter arena frozen four banner

We are proud of our one and only Frozen Four appearance. Our program is barely of drinking age. I guess there's nothing in North Dakota except hockey and oil, so you need to talk trash about something. Talk to me in 80 years and we will see where our two programs stand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

18 minutes ago, rainman1745 said:

The NET stream is always high quality. No need to waste money on nchc.tv (unless you are already signed up of course). The NET color and play by play guys probably won't be up to your standards, but it's a solid production overall.

We are proud of our one and only Frozen Four appearance. Our program is barely of drinking age. I guess there's nothing in North Dakota except hockey and oil, so you need to talk trash about something. Talk to me in 80 years and we will see where our two programs stand.

Ha that's rich coming from you. You came on this board and started the trash talk. We just responded. 

Also, you live in NEBRASKA. Sorry to tell you this, but we both live in a couple FlyOver states, so leave that holier than thou attitude at the door. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, rainman1745 said:

It won't take 80 years for the hockey program to become what the FB program at UNO is..........extinct.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, rainman1745 said:

If you're keeping score at home, since UNO has become a program in 97-98(right after our 6th national championship):

National Championships - UND 2 Omaha 0

Regular Season Conf Champs - UND 8 Omaha 0

Conf Tourney Champs - UND 5 Omaha 0

Frozen Four Appearances - UND 10(No banners raised) Omaha 1(banner raised)

NCAA tourney appearances - UND 18 Omaha 3

Head to Head Matchup - UND 12-7-1  UNO 8-12-0(because their fans still think the shootout win counts as a win)

But keep throwing in your shots at "Nowhere, North Dakota" when Omaha is mostly known for 'Not being the home of the Huskers' and being the epicenter of drug trafficking in the US.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If you're keeping score at home, since UNO has become a program in 97-98(right after our 6th national championship):

Head to Head Matchup - UND 12-7-1  UNO 8-12-0(because their fans still think the shootout win counts as a win)

But keep throwing in your shots at "Nowhere, North Dakota" when Omaha is mostly known for 'Not being the home of the Huskers' and being the epicenter of drug trafficking in the US.

Maybe we should merge the UNO Mavericks numbers with the MSU-Mankato Mavericks numbers to boost the self esteem of both groups? Just a thought ....

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

To be fair, UND technically did raise a Frozen Four banner when the REA was opened and it lists all the year's UND has made it. So I guess UNO is tied with UND in the number of  Frozen Four banners raised, UND has just had to bring theirs down to add years to it a bunch of times.

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Of course much of that imbalance is just a matter of Hakstol being that much better than Blais.   :D

23 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I feel like our team is ready to explode (in a good way) & really go on a terror run - more scoring on all lines & bettor D

100% agree. That effort and grit that the boys showed in Schenectady coupled with the return of Boeser from injury and Jost from the WJC.... it's on. Feeling good.

5 hours ago, rainman1745 said:

Hey, Rainman.....I think Wapner is on in a few minutes.:)

6 hours ago, rainman1745 said:

LOL Salt City

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I love how he talks like Omaha is such a crazy, exciting city. I've been there. It's meh lol. Good city, but it's certainly nothing I'd stay long for haha.

It's so exciting an Omaha native left his hometown to play in Grand Forks... Ha.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rainman1745 said:

You do realize that the oil fields are a long ways away from Grand Forks, right? Not a lot of oil talk in Grand Forks.