SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

40 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I wonder if Central will be favorite to repeat or did they lose too much firepower. 

They're losing a TON of firepower and experience so they'll be a completely different team this season...but it's Grand Forks, so of course they'll reload and will do just fine. I doubt they repeat, but it's an easy assumption that they'll be top 4.

I think RR will bounce back and punch them in the mouth this season. They're the easy #1 favorite this coming year IMO. 

Man oh man the Fargo teams will be down even more than last season by the looks of it. I doubt South, North or West Fargo will even reach 10 wins this season. Davies will probably fight for the #2 spot with Central in the East. Devils Lake should slide into the #4 spot because it shouldn't take much to fight off Grafton and the other Fargo schools for that spot. 

High and Minot look to be pretty tough out west as always. Not too sure on any of the other teams out there though. Jamestown returns and lot and Century looks like they should have some potential. Will HB even have a team this season? They got outscored 8-191 last season playing JV teams and are losing 3 of their 11 skaters. Yikes

Is that new Bismarck Legacy school adding a team soon? 

Has anyone else heard the rumor of Mayville, Portland, Central Valley, and a few other small schools cooping to create a new varsity team? I've heard they would play independent this first season and mostly play JV teams, small MN schools and probably some of the less talented Varsity teams in ND. Not very often a new team gets added in ND, so this would be pretty exciting if it was true especially if Legacy adds as well. If the new coop happens, I wonder how long until JR GOLD folds since there are only 4-5 teams remaining. 

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Has anyone else heard the rumor of Mayville, Portland, Central Valley, and a few other small schools cooping to create a new varsity team? I've heard they would play independent this first season and mostly play JV teams, small MN schools and probably some of the less talented Varsity teams in ND. Not very often a new team gets added in ND, so this would be pretty exciting if it was true especially if Legacy adds as well. If the new coop happens, I wonder how long until JR GOLD folds since there are only 4-5 teams remaining. 

The Mayport Ice Dawgs co-op will include seven schools as far as the student draw, like FinleySharon HopePage, NorthwoodHatton, Hillsboro-CV.  An agglomeration of already co-oping schools.

There was talk of Watford City getting a team too, as they have a nice new arena complex next to their new high school.  Langdon and Crosby might have to disband Jr Gold, as almost no one would be left except Grand Forks and Sidney, Mt.

Legacy and Sheyenne are due new teams, but might not happen for a while.

28 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Mayport Ice Dawgs co-op will include seven schools as far as the student draw, like FinleySharon HopePage, NorthwoodHatton, Hillsboro-CV.  An agglomeration of already co-oping schools.

There was talk of Watford City getting a team too, as they have a nice new arena complex next to their new high school.  Langdon and Crosby might have to disband Jr Gold, as almost no one would be left except Grand Forks and Sidney, Mt.

Legacy and Sheyenne are due new teams, but might not happen for a while.

Any idea if I heard correctly on their schedule for this year? Any idea of who they're playing? 

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Suspect teams like Wahp-Breck, Bagley, Kittson County and ND JV teams.  They will decide later if they apply to the EDC.

Legacy and Watford City added to the West then Shyenne and M-P-F-S-H-P-N-H-H-CV(haha) added to the east, I like it! Maybe Whap/Breck would come back too. Langdon might have to play Morden and Winkler a lot if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Legacy and Watford City added to the West then Shyenne and M-P-C-G-F-S-H-P-N-H-H-CV(haha) added to the east, I like it! Maybe Whap/Breck would come back too. Langdon might have to play Morden and Winkler a lot if that happens.

FYP. It's MayPort-Clifford-Galesburg. :)