SiouxSports.com Forum

Custom Jerseys from the REA Authentics

IrishSiouxFan

I'm curious what you guys think of the customized jerseys coming out of the REA? I have purchased four customized jerseys from them in the last year.  Two of them came out perfect (they really did a fantastic job), but two of them not so much.  There was quite a bit of bubbling on the numbers and lettering, plus the patches were in the wrong spot (which they eventually corrected).  This post isn't meant to troll them, I'm just curious what experiences others have had with their customizations from them. Keeping in mind that these customizations can cost upwards of $100.

I just have a question related to this topic. I have a few vintage replica jerseys that I own. Does anyone know if they do any customization to match the number and name fonts depending on the jersey or are the number and name fonts all pretty much the same? For example I have a replica from the 1950-57 era...1957-58 era.....1982 Championship....and 1993-95. Let me know if anyone would trust them customizing these jerseys at REA Authentics. Asking because I have never seen any of their work.

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

I just have a question related to this topic. I have a few vintage replica jerseys that I own. Does anyone know if they do any customization to match the number and name fonts depending on the jersey or are the number and name fonts all pretty much the same? For example I have a replica from the 1950-57 era...1957-58 era.....1982 Championship....and 1993-95. Let me know if anyone would trust them customizing these jerseys at REA Authentics. Asking because I have never seen any of their work.

You might try Daydream Specialties in Grand Forks. They've done a few jerseys for me in the past and their work is excellent.  I could be wrong but I think the REA only does the current lettering and numbering style (don't quote me on that though).

31 minutes ago, IrishSiouxFan said:

You might try Daydream Specialties in Grand Forks. They've done a few jerseys for me in the past and their work is excellent.  I could be wrong but I think the REA only does the current lettering and numbering style (don't quote me on that though).

I used daydreams in the past and they did not do a good job, i guess its hit or miss with them.

1 hour ago, Big A HG said:

REA does a good job.  But, Exclusive Pro Sports does a better job and is cheaper.  However, turnaround time is a lot slower as they are in Illinois and are constantly doing lettering for the number of pro and collegiate teams they are partnered with.

Last I heard was REA gets their lettering kits directly from EPS, they just put them on and charge more. I've also sent jerseys to vintage MN hockey and had good results (although you need to be specific with them).

2 minutes ago, IrishSiouxFan said:

I hadn't heard of either EPS or Vintage MN before this thread. Good to know of other options available.  Would you trust them with the authentic reebok jerseys?

I'd go with EPS for a reebok. Just remember it may take awhile to get it back.

13 hours ago, Big A HG said:

REA does a good job.  But, Exclusive Pro Sports does a better job and is cheaper.  However, turnaround time is a lot slower as they are in Illinois and are constantly doing lettering for the number of pro and collegiate teams they are partnered with.

1 hour ago, IrishSiouxFan said:

I hadn't heard of either EPS or Vintage MN before this thread. Good to know of other options available.  Would you trust them with the authentic reebok jerseys?

EPS has a booth at the St Paul Hockey Expo every state hockey tournament.  This company is very professional and they know what they are doing.  They were the ones who originally came up with the green w/white trim numbers on the black jerseys circa 2011.  The school and apparently TV and radio folks requested they go back to the white w/green trim the following season.   

On 12/14/2016 at 9:55 PM, siouxkid12 said:

Last I heard was REA gets their lettering kits directly from EPS, they just put them on and charge more. I've also sent jerseys to vintage MN hockey and had good results (although you need to be specific with them).

True, but REA doesn't sew on the letters/numbers, they only heat press them.

• Upvote 1