SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

To your last question I guess it depends on where his emphasis and priorities were hockey wise this season when the injury occurred..........UND's remaining schedule or making the WJC roster. Tough to really say both with an injury like this. If the "fix" was/is surgery regardless of the time frame it was discussed that was his call.........unfortunately it didn't mend with time off.  Statements have called it "minor" surgery.........it's never "minor" to the patient.

Im guessing surgery was an option....but that was have ruled him out of the WJC for sure.  Again, he was probably crossing his fingers that it would get better and that he could play in the WJC (which was probably a big reason he didnt sign a pro deal).  I mean, he's probably pissed off about this.  But to say he doesn't care about UND's schedule is also false, because he probably was hoping (praying) that this injury just went away.

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Im guessing surgery was an option....but that was have ruled him out of the WJC for sure.  Again, he was probably crossing his fingers that it would get better and that he could play in the WJC (which was probably a big reason he didnt sign a pro deal).  I mean, he's probably pissed off about this.  But to say he doesn't care about UND's schedule is also false, because he probably was hoping (praying) that this injury just went away.

Have no doubt surgery was a recommended option after the MRI in October.......but my point is if he opted to not have surgery he weighed the options to which situation had more priority hockey wise moving forward. Unfortunately it didn't work out for the WJC........or UND. It is what it is right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Have no doubt surgery was a recommended option after the MRI in October.......but my point is if he opted to not have surgery he weighed the options to which situation had more priority hockey wise moving forward. Unfortunately it didn't work out for the WJC........or UND. It is what it is right now.

I'm sure. But had he had surgery in October (prior to MN series) he would already be back now....given the current timeline.  So I'm the docs said rest was an option as well.  Which many players lean to for obvious reasons.

Either way, I heard Jost was hurt last night blocking a shot.  He isn't in the game tonight.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I'm sure. But had he had surgery in October (prior to MN series) he would already be back now....given the current timeline.  So I'm the docs said rest was an option as well.  Which many players lean to for obvious reasons.

Either way, I heard Jost was hurt last night blocking a shot.  He isn't in the game tonight.

Jost played after blocking the shot, later that night it happened. I heard it was just a precautionary thing for him not to play.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

But it is also entirely possible that they decided he needed surgery in October, but the injury had to get to a certain point before surgery would have done any good.  Inflammation could have had to go down, it could have been too tight (or too loose).  Or perhaps they were going to do it in November and thought it was getting better.  My nephew has been supposed to have surgery on the muscles around his eye two or three times and they have gone down for it and the doctor has postponed it each time.  They keep saying that it is better and then it goes back to needing surgery again.  

There are many reasons on why surgery could or could not have happened in October.

Team canada is. set. Coach is from the Q.

Defense - 3 WHL, 3 Q, 1 NCAA

Forwards  - 6 OHL, 4 Q, 2 WHL, 1 NCAA  

Goalies - 2 WHL

Mark Masters Twitter 

Team Canada by league:
QMJHL 7 
WHL 7 
OHL 6 
NCAA 2 (Jost, Fabbro)

Jeremy Lauzon & Noah Juulsen were cut by Canada in Finland last year ... a long trip home ... one year later, they're both on the team ...

Bob Mckenzie Twitter 

Team CAN F (not lines):
Jost-Strome-Gauthier
Dubois-Barzal-Stephens
Joseph-Roy-Speers
Dube-Cirelli-Raddysh
McLeod
Don't read into order.

Team CAN D (not in pairs/order):
Chabot-Juulsen
Bean-Myers
Clague-Fabbro
Lauzon

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Two NCAA guys on Canada and the world didn't blow up...:huh:

Their team is completely set, have already played scrimmage games, and the USA doesn't even report until tomorrow.  

Anybody know if Tomek made Slovakia?

As of Dec 11...

One of 5 goalies at camp.

SVK - Slovakia

Camp Roster (as of 11 december)

Goaltenders:
Roman Durny, MHk 32 Liptovsky Mikulas
Adam Huska, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Jan Koziak, Slovan Bratislava
Marko Sturma, HK Poprad
Matej Tomek, Unviersity of North Dakota (NCAA)

15 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Going off on a tangent a bit, but so far this year there has definitely been a lack of blocked shots by our 'role players'.  I'm hearing about Jost and Boeser getting hurt blocking shots, I remember Poolman getting hurt by a blocked shot in NY but overall our team seems to be lacking in this area. We're being consistently beat in blocked shots this year and I think this needs to change once we get into the Omaha's, Duluth, St Cloud's in the 2nd half. 

On 15. 12. 2016 at 3:36 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

As of Dec 11...

One of 5 goalies at camp.

SVK - Slovakia

Camp Roster (as of 11 december)

Goaltenders:
Roman Durny, MHk 32 Liptovsky Mikulas
Adam Huska, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Jan Koziak, Slovan Bratislava
Marko Sturma, HK Poprad
Matej Tomek, Unviersity of North Dakota (NCAA)

in Slovakia roster are three goalies

Huska (freshman from UCONN Huskies) who has a few matches with very good stats..

Durny (from Slovak develop.program U20)

and Tomek (without matches only with practices) but Tomek will get a chance in a friendly match before WJC

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Just looked at Slovakia roster on TSN and I didn't see Tomek listed.  Wonder if that means it's a no go.  

there is completely old roster of Slovakia team (not only their, I saw old/wrong names in Russia and Czech rep. too)  from last year yet ... 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1634

there are the latest rosters 

Tomek played a game and judging by the article played pretty well, despite losing 4-3.

Sounds like Matej may be in line to be the #1 goaltender for the Slovaks, this would be great for his confidence and growth!

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2016/12/19/big-crowd-at-complex-for-swedes-vs-slovaks

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Tomek played a game and judging by the article played pretty well, despite losing 4-3.

Sounds like Matej may be in line to be the #1 goaltender for the Slovaks, this would be great for his confidence and growth!

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2016/12/19/big-crowd-at-complex-for-swedes-vs-slovaks

I saw that....he played very very welll considering Sweden is much better than Slovakia this year. 40 saves!. Still would be tough to get that #1 spot considering huska is the man. But either way I'm rooting for him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

41 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I saw that....he played very very welll considering Sweden is much better than Slovakia this year. 40 saves!. Still would be tough to get that #1 spot considering huska is the man. But either way I'm rooting for him.

He came into a game against USA I think U17's and did very well even though they lost.

• Upvote 2