SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Hawks hockey jersey

Siouxperfan7

17 hours ago, Siouxfull said:

This is coming up for sale. IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

not sure where that came from but i can guarantee that will not be the jersey they use. the hockey team is taking its time designing their new jerseys, as it will be a long time before a new design comes out. the north dakota style jersey was put together quickly due to ncaa regulations but this one won't be. the new logo will probably be only seen on the breezers, shoulders and helmet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

not sure where that came from but i can guarantee that will not be the jersey they use. the hockey team is taking its time designing their new jerseys, as it will be a long time before a new design comes out. the north dakota style jersey was put together quickly due to ncaa regulations but this one won't be. the new logo will probably be only seen on the breezers, shoulders and helmet. 

Which brings up a good question.  When will we expect to see new jerseys for the hockey team?  You would think that since they are retiring the interlocking ND after this season, that they would be looking for a redesign for the 2017-2018 season.  

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

These will be in stores soon. Orders already sent in. Not saying its what the team will wear but for whatever reason this is what is on order. 

22 hours ago, Siouxfull said:

This is coming up for sale. 

I'm sure it is, along with the "UND" hockey jersey I once saw the the interlocked ND as the crest on the chest. 

Suppliers can use the logo (properly licensed) and place it on apparel. This vendor seems to think that ... thing ... will sell. PT Barnum continues to be correct. 

All that said, I'm positive of few things in life, but one is that jersey won't be worn the UND team. (The interlocked is phasing out.) 

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Which brings up a good question.  When will we expect to see new jerseys for the hockey team?  You would think that since they are retiring the interlocking ND after this season, that they would be looking for a redesign for the 2017-2018 season.  

New Jersey's are currently being designed/created by the staff. We will see the "new" design on the ice next season. 

Basketball/football jerseys are easier to because there isn't a whole lot to them but hockey is different. Brad and his staff knows they have one shot at this, so they will make sure that they will come up with a jersey design that everyone can get behind. 

Think of it as Jan coming into the locker room and telling everyone they need to unite under one banner and they walk out with a sweet design that describes the team.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

I saw that at Scheels too, they made it for kids. Took a picture and posted it on FB, THIS IS JUST NOPE!!!!!!!!! I guess professional NHL jerseys will be the only jerseys I buy from now on!

So you understand that this isn't going to be the official jersey then go onto say you're only going to buy NHL jerseys despite knowing that?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I think it's suppose to be the Hawks claw.

Could be but on the original logo that small section is black with the letters green and the hawk white. With a green background it doesn't show, and because if it it looks odd. 

Edited: Upon closer inspection the letter D on the kids jersey definitely has a different look to it, kinda like a claw. I can see it. Done on purpose?

UND_Primary_Mark_Full_Color_LBG_7.jpg

Edited by nodakgirl93

27 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

kinda like a claw. I can see it. Done on purpose?

I kid.

When the letters are green on a white backgeound, The black shadow works. When the background is green and the letters get converted to black, the shadowing doesn't work.

I agree looks odd and is design flaw imho.